(Archived) How do I tag notes using Evernote Web?

I am using Evenote on my iphone, ipad, and work computer. I have no problems tagging a new note when I use the iOS app or web clipper, but when I add a new note in Evernote web, there seems to be NO place to add a tag! Since I am not able to download software on my work computer, I have to use Evernote web. Shouldn't there be a tag icon somewhere??

• Level 5*

If you're not editing the note, you can drag tags from the tag tree in the left panel onto the note header or onto the note in the note list. Or if you're editing the note, you can add tags in the detail area exposed by clicking on the "show details" link in the note header.

I do have a tagging option when the note is created, but not when I go back to edit the note. When I click "show details" there are no tagging options. I'm thinking that dragging an existing tag would only work if the desired tag had already been used on another note.

It seems like it should be a simple matter to always have the option to tag whether creating a new note or editing an existing note. Could it be added to the share, print, edit, and trash icon area?

• Level 5*
I do have a tagging option when the note is created, but not when I go back to edit the note.

Yes, you do. Drag the tag from the tag list in the left panel, or use "show details" in the note editing interface.

When I click "show details" there are no tagging options.

See BnF's picture.

I'm thinking that dragging an existing tag would only work if the desired tag had already been used on another note.

That's only true if you have the "Hide unassigned tags" option set in the tag tree control in the left panel.

It seems like it should be a simple matter to always have the option to tag whether creating a new note or editing an existing note. Could it be added to the share, print, edit, and trash icon area?

It is a simple matter, because it's already there in the editing interface.

Archived