(Archived) How to change email in free version?

• Level 5*

You're welcome. I'm worried to note that you don't have a PC, therefore don't have any local copy of the database that Evernote keeps on its highly secret server farm. For reasons of extreme paranoia and data security I would strongly recommend that you beg borrow or steal access on a secure net-connected computer (ie family or friends) and install the desktop client so you can keep an up to date copy and make regular backups. I have no reason to doubt Evernote's efficiency or security, but that's your data out there in the cold, cruel world.

• 8 months later...

I'm a longtime, multi-platform user. I changed my email on my home computer and phone, but now I've gone to change the email address on my office PC (I've dumped that email account), and EN won't let me because the email account I want to use is "already in use" (BY ME!!!!!). Weird. Any solution?

I'm a longtime, multi-platform user. I changed my email on my home computer and phone, but now I've gone to change the email address on my office PC (I've dumped that email account), and EN won't let me because the email account I want to use is "already in use" (BY ME!!!!!). Weird. Any solution?

The email is tied to your account, not to your device.  Simply changing the email once is sufficient.  That's why it's telling you the email address is already in use.

Archived