Forwarded email receipt has data blocked out

RannyWelton

Idea

In forwarding emailed receipts, running into problem that the data is "blocked out" when the email hits evernote, i.e., just a large grey square where data should be. Last three receipts were from iTunes. Running MacBook with OSX. Did try to search for previous entries but was not able to come up with anything.

Thanks!

Ranny

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I vaguely remember having the same problem with iTunes receipts myself, but I am not having the problem anymore (just tested it on the iPad, not the Mac). Are you having trouble with all receipts, just iTunes, or some particular image format?

I have the same issue as Ranny; works on iOS devices but not on my desktop.

I think the problem originates in the fact that itunes receipts have remote content on them (the bill stuff is actually an iframe (maybe?) that is pulling the data from a server. I'm guessing that on the desktop version of evernote, it's trying to create a static version of the receipt, however it's failing and a grey box is its way of saying "this content isn't loaded."

Would like to figure this out...

Was anything fixed with regard to this problem?  I just started forwarding iTunes receipts, and noticed the same gray box on my mac, but as all of you mentioned, they appear fine on my iOS devices.

Assuming that bryankulba (above) is correct, there isn't anything to "fix". If iTunes receipts are pulling down remote content then there isn't much that Evernote can do to deal with this. The best workaround would be to try and print it as a pdf to evernote. 

• Level 5

In forwarding emailed receipts, running into problem that the data is "blocked out" when the email hits evernote, i.e., just a large grey square where data should be. Last three receipts were from iTunes. Running MacBook with OSX. Did try to search for previous entries but was not able to come up with anything.

This is a bug which will be fixed in the upcoming release (5.5).

You’ll be happy to know that no data is actually blocked out. The big grey square is simply a horizontal line from the original email which is being displayed incorrectly. There is no remote content. All the information from the original email should still be visible, just further down in the note.

Archived