(Archived) Where I can find my local notebook's file on Mac OSX

sykbod

Idea

Hi Just a quick question,

I created a local notebook on Mac OSX. I know there is an option for windows that you can select where you want to save files. But I cannot find familiar options on Mac.

I guess Evernote saved my local notebook as a single file on hard drive right? I want to move this file to somewhere. I don't want to export and import into new local notebook.

Hope someone can help me...

11 replies to this idea

Hi skybod,

Fairly easy to search for 'Evernote' on a Mac which will give you the location.

Not sure if you can just move the 'Notebook' as it may cause a problem with how Evernote finds it.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Chris

Thanks Chris, but it doesn't work...

on my mbp there is no evernote directory...I searched 'evernote' on this Mac and nothing showed up.

I also searched those 2 locations referred in that post. There is no 'Containers' folder at /Library/ and no 'Evernote' folder at user/Library/Application Support.

But I definitely have a lot of pages in my local notebook.

frustrate me...

Hi skybod,

As a matter of interest and forgive me for asking the obvious. But you have installed the Evernote software on your MBP and are not just looking at the web version?

Whilst I have a MBP I have not used it for some time and don't have Evernote installed at the moment. I will see if I can do a check during the morning and let you know what I find.

In the meantime, I am sure someone out there has an MBP with Evernote installed and can check for you.

Best regards

Chri

Archived