(Archived) Evernote Note Links not working on Mac app

tajchiu

Idea

When I choose "Copy Note Link" from the Note Menu in Evernote (on the Mac) version 5.0.4 it copies the NAME of the Note but not a link to the Evernote note (which is what I want and what is used to do.) Anyone know what's up? When will this be fixed?

Thanks,

Taj

8 replies to this idea

Taj,

I tried what you are saying. If I right-click a note and "Copy note link", then paste into an EN note, I see the Note Title as you describe, but it is underlined and it *is* an EN link.

If I paste again into a text editor, I see the actual EN link, not the Note Title.

OSX 10.8.2, EN 5.04

Levi

Levi,

Thanks for doing that test. I see something different.

If I copt the Note Link and paste it into a text editor I get the Note Link as a hyperlink.

But, If I paste the link into AN EXISTING Evernote note I get just the Note title and it is not underlined and not a hyperlink.

If I paste into a NEW Evernote note I get what I expect, the hyperlinked Note link.

Interesting bug!

Taj

I'm seeing the same problem. I can copy and paste a note link into a new note, but am not able to copy and paste the note link into an existing note. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote, which has not fixed the problem. I did submit this to Evernote's help folks to see if they have a solution.

I was able to reproduce it, but only one time.

I normally keep my notes in LIST view. I switched to Snippet view and right-clicked a snippet, Copy Note Link, paste into another existing Evernote. It pasted only the text of the note title but not the link.

I switched back to List view, and it worked as expected, pasting the Title + Link. I switched back to Snippet and it still pasted Note + Link.

It only pasted the title without the link one time.

L

Levi,

I tried it in List mode (I normally use Card view) to see if it would work correctly from there. It worked if I pasted into a new note but not if I pasted into an existing note (no note link just the text.)

Taj

Mac OS X 10.8.2

EN 5.0.4

Archived