Audio note vanishes upon save. Help...

I just recorded an hour-long web seminar using the audio note feature. There was a lot of valuable info in there. I then stopped the recording and hit save, and then then nothing. Must be a bug because evernote didn't save my file for some reason. A few minutes later I tried recording a test audio note and it worked perfectly. I'm pretty upset that I lost seminar file, is there anywhere that Evernote caches audio files where I might be able to recover it? :(

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me on Mac. It seems that once the recording reaches a certain length, it is not saved. I'm not having a problem with short recordings, just anything that seems to be 20 minutes or longer... Which really sucks b/c most of meetings are an hour long. I guess I'm going to have to go back to PearNote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all - I'm new to forums and I'm new to evernote - I'm starting a new job and I'm trying to figuring out if I'm going to use Evernote as my primary hub of all files, including and primarily audio files... is there a way to to use Evernote to record LONG and lively business/story meetings? Based on what I'm reading here, this may not be a program to use?  In a perfect world, I'd have a real-time transcription, but Dragon and MacSpeech can't do this, and Amazon Turk is to risky for security purposes, plus there's the turn around time problem.  The best tool I've found thus far is AudioNote, which allows me to type and syncs the audio file to my typing - if I want to return to a point in the notes, I do a search and play back that portion of the audio. Is there something in Evernote I'm overlooking or is this not doable yet with Evernote. Starting the job in 2 weeks and need to have decided my program of choice by then! Any advice on how to do this in Evernote, or elsewhere, would be a lifesaver.  Thanks!!!

• 3 months later...

I joined the forum just for this issue. I was going to put up screenshots with log files of whats happening but after reading these posts(some of them are year old about older versions) i think evernote is aware of it and most probably you wont hear anything back. The software is deliberately deleting the files. when you start recording..there is a file creating here: C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\enaudio\Evernote 20131007 15.58.23.wav

Then as soon as you press save..this file will vanish. I was just trying out the new features but as i see some people have had some collateral damage relying on EN.

Dont vent it out on me if it fails but i might be able to help you....get a free data recovery software from the internet, one which you would use to undelete files or recover data from bricked hard disks.

Then run it on this folder or the whole drive if you have to...the software will find out the recorded file along with 10000 other things you deleted.  The file youre looking for is with the samiliar name as i posted.

let me know if it helped any of you distressed souls. :-)

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to say thank you to the previous poster. I'm on a Mac, and after my audio file disappeared, was searching for what to do. Sure enough, in the Trash folder was a file lableled Evernote [date time].wav. Saved! Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

Archived