Evernote hyperlink picture?

• Level 5*

You can't. Evernote doesn't pretend to be a web-design tool, or even a full-featured word processor. You might be able to create such a picture in other software and copy it into an Enote, or you can highlight and convert a whole image into a link. You could even 'paste' smaller square images into a table and create a grid of different image links. But you can't take one image and graft in several links.

• Level 5*

Pictures don't have hyperlinks (unless you take a picture of a hyperlink). Pictures can be associated with hyperlinks in some contexts, e.g., HTML. So you could do this in HTML, save it as a file, and import it into Evernote. But it probably doesn't make sense to associate more than one hyperlink with an image in Evernote, since there's no control over which one to pick if you click on it (no javascript in Evernote notes).

I installed sharepoint and made a multi hyperlink picture saved as a htm file but there's no way to upload the picture to sharepoint's site to complete the conversion of both into a hyperlink picture. So is there another program that I can use to do this?

• 1 year later...

Has there been update to this option in the past year or so? It would be helpful to be able to use the hotkey command to take a screenshot. Then one could paste just the link to that screenshot in a note. this would be very helpful for referencing screenshots, for example, when building manuals and systems. Links vs image simplies reading when actual image is only needed for a reference. Is there an evernote marketplace like elance where we could hire and pay a developer to build ideas like this?

• Level 5*

Has there been update to this option in the past year or so? It would be helpful to be able to use the hotkey command to take a screenshot. Then one could paste just the link to that screenshot in a note. this would be very helpful for referencing screenshots, for example, when building manuals and systems. Links vs image simplies reading when actual image is only needed for a reference. Is there an evernote marketplace like elance where we could hire and pay a developer to build ideas like this?

No updates that affect this thread,  but you want to take a screenshot then paste a link to the screenshot?  Where is the actual picture stored?  You can store a screenshot or a clip in a note and attach a URL if there is one.

There's a developer's forum if you want to try to source your own add-on..

Currently I'm taking a screenshot using greenshot and which saves the jpeg to a specific dropbox folder. so i'm looking to paste the link to the dropbox file. it would be great for screenshots to be saved to the evernote database and paste into a note from there.

I guess currently I could just create a new note for every screenshot and then paste in the note link. but going into a note and copying the note link would take more time than what I'm doing currently, which is pasting in the image itself...which works. but sometimes looking at tons of not necessary images are a distraction...especially when some screenshots are only needed for future reference in case my mind, or my employees mind, starts to fail one day.

• Level 5*

There's no "saved to the Evernote database",  there's only saved to a note.  You're right that you could link from one note to another - save your screenshot to an Evernote Note and use 'Copy Note Link' to put that link into another note listing a process.  Then anyone reading through the process in Evernote has the option to pop out to a picture and then use the back button to jump back to the process.  If you concentrate on pasting pictures directly into the flow first,  you (or someone) could then go through the flow and extract pictures later.  Or you could do the full version with pictures,  copy the note and delete all the pictures,  then add a link to the full version for anyone who needs more detail.  I'm hoping that we'll see improvements to the whole note-linking process so that you can create connections far more easily in future.  Someday...

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I think there's a way to do it. Don't know if anyone has already posted something about linking pictures in Evernote, but now it's possible. I needed to create a notebook for my students that was entirely made of pictures, however I wanted them to click on them to find out more. So here's how I did it.

Open Evernote

Drag the picture that you want link to a note

Open the note

Select the picture (Shift+arrow right) or Left Click on the mouse and and select.

Go to the menu above -> click Format -> click Hyperlink

Paste link

All set. 

Hope it helps.

• Level 5*

Hi.  thanks for the comment,  but it doesn't answer the OP's question,  and we already knew that anyway...

........or you can highlight and convert a whole image into a link. You could even 'paste' smaller square images into a table and create a grid of different image links....

Archived