(Archived) [RESOLVED] Problem with the Web Clipper (Windows XP)

Matsya

Hello,

First, I want to say that Evernote changes my IT life!

Yesterday, I updated Evernote to the 3.0.0.981 version on my Windows XP computer. I use extensively the Web Clipper button on Firefox 3.0.

Unfortunately, since this update, I've such a big problem. Before, when I clicked on the Web Clipper button, the web page (or the text selection) goes to the Windows application directly, like for a screenshot.

But now, when I use the Web Clipper button, a pop-up appears and I have to register. If I put my login and my password, it creates a new note on the Website and not on the Windows soft...

My question is: Is it a bug? If not, how I can change it?

Thanks for your help/answer!

-MATSYA-

P.S : Because my English isn't as good as it should be, I will write it in French underneath. If some French people wants to improve what I wrote, please feel free to do it.

Bonjour,

Tout d'abord, je dois dire qu'Evernote a changé ma vie informatique !

Hier, j'ai mis à jour Evernote en installant la version 3.0.0.981 que j'utilise sur un PC sous Windows XP. J'utilise énormément le bouton Web Clipper sous Firefox 3.0.

Malheureusement, depuis cette mise à jour, j'ai un gros problème ! Avant, quand je cliquais sur le bouton Web Clipper, la page Web ou le texte sélectionné allait directement dans l'application Windows en créant une nouvelle note, exactement comme avec une capture d'écran.

Maintenant, quand je fais ça, un pop-up apparaît et me demande de m'enregistrer. Seulement, si je rentre mon login et mon mot de passe, ça créé une nouvelle note dans ma session du site Web et non plus dans l'application Windows...

Ma question est donc : est-ce un bug de la MAJ ? Sinon, comment changer ça ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

-MATSYA-

Try the following:

Quit Evernote completely (right-click on the Evernote logo in the system tray and say "Exit")

Uninstall the Evernote clipper from Firefox

Quit Evernote

Re-install the Firefox clipper: http://www.evernote.com/about/download/ ... MozClipper

Start Evernote

This should restore the connection between the Firefox clipper and your Windows client.

Try the following:

Quit Evernote completely (right-click on the Evernote logo in the system tray and say "Exit")

Uninstall the Evernote clipper from Firefox

Quit Evernote

Re-install the Firefox clipper: http://www.evernote.com/about/download/ ... MozClipper

Start Evernote

This should restore the connection between the Firefox clipper and your Windows client.

I'm stupid, I should try it before...

Thanks a lot!

Archived