(Archived) I know I may sound unintelligent.......but........

OK when I use Evernote on my pc.....does it not automatically sync to my phone and my Sony reader?

I am confused. I changed a bunch of things on the pc but on the phone it is still the same as it was! I even shut off the phone and turned it back on again, to no avail. I know I'm doing something wrong - I really need to buy the Evernote for Dummies book. Can someone help?

• Level 5*

Hi - it's not stupid, just new; your PC syncs to the web server, as do your phone and reader. There's no direct connection between the three. You won't see any content on your mobile devices until they've synced with the web. And maybe not even then - you can see and search the database index, but you'll have to download individual notes because the storage capacity is so much less on a portable device. You can specify notebooks for 'offline searching' if you want to. This will download the notes - if you have the space.

If you have the windows version, the sync button is on the toolbar at the top of the screen. Evernote should auto-sync every 30 minutes or so anyway - it's not instant unless you click the button.

OK when I use Evernote on my pc.....does it not automatically sync to my phone and my Sony reader?

I am confused. I changed a bunch of things on the pc but on the phone it is still the same as it was! I even shut off the phone and turned it back on again, to no avail. I know I'm doing something wrong - I really need to buy the Evernote for Dummies book. Can someone help?

I replied to your other post here.

Archived