(Archived) changing conflicts - couldn´t that be smarter?

Hi,

sorry, but I do not follow this forum, so maybe already someone had the same idea. My feature request: When there happens a change conflict, the whole note is transferred to a conflict-changes-folder. Why the evernote-software doesn´t detect a bit smarter what is going on? Maybe the conflict doesn´t exist at all, but it could be merged to one note. Even it is indeed a conflict, because I edited the same line on mobile and desktop - why evernote doesn´t put these two lines under each other, and highlight it with a comment "change conflict"?

I think this would be way smarter. It happened to me several times, that I created a "change conflict"-note in the special folder, and even edited this version instead of the original file.

Sorry for bad english;)

Hi,

sorry, but I do not follow this forum, so maybe already someone had the same idea. My feature request: When there happens a change conflict, the whole note is transferred to a conflict-changes-folder. Why the evernote-forum doesn´t detect a bit smarter what is going on? Maybe the conflict doesn´t exist at all, but it could be merged to one note. Even it is indeed a conflict, because I edited the same line on mobile and desktop - why evernote doesn´t put these two lines under each other, and highlight it with a comment "change conflict"?

I think this would be way smarter. It happened to me several times, that I created a "change conflict"-note in the special folder, and even edited this version instead of the original file.

Sorry for bad english;)

What client(s) are you using? On the Windows client, a local (non-sync'd) notebook is created & one of the notes put there. This is preferable b/c what if by combining the notes, the single note exceeded the note size limit? Or the resultant note was very large & maxxed out the user's upload limit?

IIRC, on the mobile clients, they do append the notes into one, probably b/c that's the safest way, since most users do not have their notes in offline notebooks & mobile clients don't have local notebooks. IOW, there really is no other way to do it from a mobile client other than combine the notes into one & sync to the EN servers. IDK what would happen if the resultant note exceeded the max note size on a mobile client.

I use evernote on Imac and on Android 4.1. After googleing your abbreviations I understand your answer. In my case it´s definitly not because the notes are too big. It´s just because the most often syncing-intervall is for my opionion too long (every 15 minutes). That causes a conflict from time to time.

Archived