(Archived) Unbelieveable

Until a few minutes ago our whole organization was on Evernote Business !

Now we are shown standard free accounts and all our business files have gone !!!!

Is this happening to someone else as well ?!? We requested support but not follow up so far. We will wait until tomorrow morning Amsterdam time. Otherwise we have to bring this public as we are a +1000 employee company who trusted evernote for essential operation communication.

• Level 5*

Hi. Sorry to hear about the problem. It sounds to me like your Business Account owner closed their account, or somehow uninvited everyone in the company, but I wouldn't know for sure. I will flag this thread for support, and as you are now free, your responses might be delayed from customer support, so please be patient. I am sure someone will contact you shortly.

Hi GrumpyMonkey, thanks for your support. But we are the Business account owner !!! We put in trust to evernote essential departments of our organization on Evernote ! The joke now is our accounts are suddenly put to standard, free..... so we even do not have the possibility to access the premium support like chat, etc. ...... This is really a joke, no a DANGER to any serious business organization !!! if this is not solved in a 24 hours time, it is our responsibility to bring this big to public, to warn any company not to rely on evernote and to take serious safety measurements !!!!!!!

(we are very dissapointed about this situation, cause in principle we liked the evernote functionality. But in business it is about reliability and continuation !)

• Level 5*

Hi. Glad I could help. Please stay online here in case support contacts you via this forum.

As for business, please excuse my ignorance (I have not yet had a chance to see what things look like if you own the main business account) but I believe only ONE person owns the business account. Let's call them Sauron. Everyone else is invited to join and upgraded to business in the process, with Sauron paying for their upgrades. If Sauron cancels his/her account or uninvites others, they lose access in the manner you described. Do you know who Sauron is in your company?

• Level 5*

LOL. OK, then I guess you would know! Have you submitted a support ticket to Evernote? If so, please post the ticket number here.

As for the data, if you haven't already, I strongly recommend backing up your system. If you have been doin regular backups with versions (like Time Machine), you can almost certainly still access your data.

@Mike Wood: thx for your support. If this is not solved quickly we really have to recommend to not use evernote for business. As described perhaps earlier we are a major 1000+ employee organization and stock listed. We trusted evernote immediately on business app release. But now we are doubting seriously !!! there was no message, no support so far, nothing. all business files gone !!! and all users put on standard, free account ,with even no premium support possibility !!!! this is a joke !

@GrumkeyMonkey: here is one of our first support tickets: Ticket # 16051-215819

• Level 5*

For what it's worth, the business account of which I am a member seems fine. I've accessed it from my Windows client and the web client on my home machine, and from the Android client on my Kindle Fire.

You might check your activity log for clues, while you're waiting for support...

no support is confused and refers even to another support ticket ticket #5272) !?!?

what do we care.... we want this to be solved quickly, directly ! so far we have not the feeling of evernote beeing a reliable service for bigger businesses !

• Level 5*

Hi. I think the key here is to convey to support that you are a business account holder who has lost access to the business features and has had everyone else in the organization changed to free members, so what you need is for the business support staff familiar with the business accounts to look into the matter. It might not hurt to link to this forum thread.

It seems to me that whatever the solution ends up being, it will be more complicated and need a higher level of support than the average ticket.

I've looked into both tickets and it appears it is definitely an issue with Billing. If you switch to Credit Card from Invoice we may be able to get this straightened out immediately, otherwise it may take additional time to work out with our finance team.

• Level 5*

I've looked into both tickets and it appears it is definitely an issue with Billing. If you switch to Credit Card from Invoice we may be able to get this straightened out immediately, otherwise it may take additional time to work out with our finance team.

Thanks for looking into this so promptly, Heather, and updating us on the progress!

Hallo Heather, we have an explicit written confirmation for invoicing and to pay by bank transfer. The invoice would be send to us, but has not so far. We are really in a very miserable situation now. Because downgrading us without notice !!!! to free accounts, means we lost all our business files and we lost any possibility of business or premium support !!! So far we do not get any solution suggestion or reaction. Is there any possibility to get this solved quickly ! Switching just to credit card is not possible, as it is company policy to not use them on the web, therefore we agreed (as said in writing) with evernote for banktransfer, invoicing !!! PLEASE HELP

Archived