Evernote iPad Mini App - Keyboard Hides Bottom of Note - Help?

Go to solution Solved by KurtS,

I'm having an issue with using the Evernote app on my iPad Mini. When typing towards the bottom of a note, the text lines that I am trying to type on become hidden by the keyboard. I try to scroll the note up, but once I get so far down in a note there is nothing I can do to be able to see the last line of text being typed while typing. I have to hide the keyboard, look at where my text is being typed, bring my keyboard back up, and hope that as I am typing I am making no errors since the keyboard overlaps my text.

Is this a bug that needs to be fixed, or is it something I am doing?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. There are quite a few minor bugs... http://discussion.ev...en/#entry178088

Are you zooming the note? Generally if you don't zoom the note and edit the note in full screen mode the note scrolls to keep the cursor visible. It may be an iPad mini specific problem....

As a work around you can undock the keyboard by holding the keyboard symbol (bottom right of keyboard).

I did try typing in both the zoom and full screem mode, and I have the same issue with both. I do see the function to hide the keyboard, but that only helps me to see where I am placing my text. Once I click to start typing my keyboard pops up and it hides any text on the lower portion of the note that I am trying to work on or add to.

It may be just a glitch with the iPad. This is a screen shot showing how the lower text is covered by the keyboard, even when zoomed in. I'll hope for a software update that fixes this!

Looks like you have the note zoomed as well in that screenshot. I use an iPad 3 when you start to edit if often doesn't show the cursor properly but as soon as you press the first letter it moves and keeps the cursor visible by scrolling the note as appropriate.

I've tried it both zoomed and not zoomed, the problem still occurs. I've tried starting to type as well, but it does not bring the text up into view. Instead, it types hidden under the keyboard and I have to hope it is correct. I'm wondering if it is maybe because of the smaller screen on the iPad Mini vs. a full sized iPad.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just upgraded my account and find this very disappointing to NOT be able to see my text while typing and editing is impossible. A true ***** shoot. EN is a good company and I cannot imagine that this isn't going to be fixed VERY QUICKLY. PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT.

I have tried all that the others tried and NO GO.

I'm having the same problem -- but not only in evernote. It seems to be a system wide ipad mini bug, that can happened to me in other text editors or writing programs as well. 

My Workaround: go to the end of the document and hit "return" a number of times to create an empty space at the button. Then scroll upwards to where you want to edit. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

I'm having the same issue. Would LOVE a fix as I just purchased my mini and use Evernote every day professionally - VERY LIMITING!!

My guess is that you won't see a fix anytime soon. Evernote will almost certainly wait for iOS7 to make any major updates to the app, and at the earliest, we won't see iOS 7 for another week or two. Even then, there is a beta testing process to go through, so I'd recommend following 42birken's advice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having an issue with using the Evernote app on my iPad Mini. When typing towards the bottom of a note, the text lines that I am trying to type on become hidden by the keyboard. I try to scroll the note up, but once I get so far down in a note there is nothing I can do to be able to see the last line of text being typed while typing. I have to hide the keyboard, look at where my text is being typed, bring my keyboard back up, and hope that as I am typing I am making no errors since the keyboard overlaps my text.

Is this a bug that needs to be fixed, or is it something I am doing?

Thanks!

I have the same problem with my Ipad (not mini).

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yup, me too.  Having this problem on a regular iPad.  Not sure when it started (perhaps with a recent iOS update?) but it is a tremendous annoyance.  Surely some of the good people at Evernote also use iPads and have noticed this problem themselves?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having this issue as well on my full sized iPad, but only when I use my Bluetooth keyboard with the iOS virtual keyboard minimized. I can fix the issue by leaving the iOS virtual keyboard on the screen, but I would rather use the app full screen.

iPad 3 iOS 8.1.1

Anker Bluetooth Keyboard

Evernote version 7.6.2 (Most recent)

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. I get the bottom of the note in view and as soon as I type it automatically scrolls down so I can't see what I'm typing.

I've noticed that this thread goes back to 2013 and it's shocking to think that an app for note writing has a bug which makes it almost impossible to write a note, and it still hasn't been addressed.

• Solution

I finally found the solution and it is simple:  tap and hold down on the little keyboard icon at the lower right of your screen and select "Dock" (do this when your virtual keyboard is visible, of course).  That solved the problem for me. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

My Workaround: go to the end of the document and hit "return" a number of times to create an empty space at the button. Then scroll upwards to where you want to edit.

Doesn't work for me. Evernote keeps scrolling the text up.

I finally found the solution and it is simple:  tap and hold down on the little keyboard icon at the lower right of your screen and select "Dock" (do this when your virtual keyboard is visible, of course).  That solved the problem for me. 

Does not solve for me.

THIS IS A HUGE BUG!

I've already moved some stuff to Google Docs.

This doesn't seem to be an iPad/iOS bug, since I'm typing this on this forum with no keyboard problem whatsoever.

• 1 year later...

This seems to be an old problem, but I fell into it late in 2016, so I started reading the messages on this topic and Firianto had the solution to the problem. As soon as I stopped splitting the keyboard on my iPad my documents started scrolling when they got to the bottom of the page.  Oh, what a relief it is!

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see this is not an isolated issue for me. I am experiencing it currently with an iPad Air 2 running latest versions of iOS and Evernote. The virtual keyboard (not split) covers the bottom of the note, where I am typing. I am unable to see what I am typing, which makes it almost impossible to use. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...