(Archived) Evernote on Android won't sync with Evernote Desktop

funkypumpkin

I tried it on different wifi networks & with a mobile data connection but I just get I just get a sync failed notice.

I've also emptied my trash on the PC desktop application.

I do import a lot of pictures using an IFITT recipe to capture images/ save in dropbox then share with Evernote. We use this to automaticaly record the contents of parcels we send out in Evernote (we do a lot of business on eBay). https://ifttt.com/recipes/73362 Other than this everything else is normal use.

Hope someone can help me with this?

Richard.

• Level 5*

I don't fully understand: you say you have notes that are sourced from IFTTT and are available on your local PC Evernote client, but they are not being synced to your Android? If so, then it sounds like the problem is in your Android client installation, but your PC installation is fine (since the IFTTT service syncs to the Evernote cloud, and you can see the notes on your PC).

Best bet is probably to open a support request for your Android installation. They'll probably have you send them your activity log, and possibly reinstall.

• 1 month later...

Several folks have solved this problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling Evernote on their Android device.

Less drastic, and much faster than uninstalling and reinstalling. I just went into settings/application manager/evernote and tapped the "clear data" button. On starting up Evernote, all I had to do was re-enter my password, and the sync succeeded immediately thereafter.

But yes, either procedure will delete all the notes on your device; only the ones from your PC will be restored.

• 2 weeks later...

Several folks have solved this problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling Evernote on their Android device.

Less drastic, and much faster than uninstalling and reinstalling. I just went into settings/application manager/evernote and tapped the "clear data" button. On starting up Evernote, all I had to do was re-enter my password, and the sync succeeded immediately thereafter.

But yes, either procedure will delete all the notes on your device; only the ones from your PC will be restored.

Clearing Data worked for me.

thanks!!

Archived