(Archived) Moving Notes Between Business Notebooks Takes Up Our Allowance

Hi All,

I am experimenting as mentioned elsewhere with moving my 'Notes' with Word documents between 'Notebooks' within the 'Business' account.

This had to be done on the iMac on my second user account to make it work, but that is another story!

Syncing my account in the office this morning on the Windows Laptop and I can see the 'Notes' coming in, but as they do so, it is taking up my 'Allowance'. Surely that is wrong isn't it?

Not a problem at the moment as I am unlikely to use all of my allowance, but doesn't seem right to me. Probably a simple answer, so not a complaint, just an observation and wonder what other users think before I consider it for a support ticket.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

I don't know if this is the expected behavior, but it seems like it would be if you are moving from one team member's notebook to another, or into the business library. Each person on the team has a 2GB upload allowance (right?), and this gets used up as content moves into the account, no matter where it comes from, even if that is the Business Library. However, if you are moving from your business notebook A to your business notebook B, then that does not make sense.

Hi Grumpy,

Thanks for responding.

Interesting and this might be tied up with the problems I have recently had where I lost my notes. I am moving from the same user now, but this started as a 'Notebook' in the user I originally created the account with.

Long story short for those not familiar with my story. I upgraded an account to a business, then ended up apparently loosing all of my updated notes. Turns out they were there, but the 'Notebooks' had gone. So with the help of Heather in support, we created a new user and moved the notes over. This user then became a moderator.

It could be that the 'Notebook' I am copying from is still associated with the original user.

I will carry out some tests from home - as this can only be done successfully on the Mac and report back.

Best regards

Chris

Chris, if you are moving notes from a personal notebook to a business notebook, you would see this move take some of the upload allowance. This would be part of the business upload allowance that you have which is 2GB per Evernote Business member. The reason is that you are moving the notes to another shard. Below is a link where dlu mentioned the different shard.

Archived