(Archived) Can't move folders on ipad?

mavric1298

How do you move a newly created folder into a previously created stack on ipad or iPhone? I use stacks for "school" "home" "work" etc and created a few new folders in the note editor from clipped/emailed in notes, but can't seem to drag folders, and can't find an option to move them anywhere. What about creating a new stack?

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. There is no way to move notebooks in the iOS app. You have to do this on the desktop or the Web. If the Web interface doesn't work for you in Safari (there are some incompatible elements), then give a try on the Puffin browser (free).

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. Welcome to the forums. There is no way to move notebooks in the iOS app. You have to do this on the desktop or the Web. If the Web interface doesn't work for you in Safari (there are some incompatible elements), then give a try on the Puffin browser (free).

Hey when will the iOS app be able to move and create notebooks within notebook stacks?

I have several friends that have stopped using Evernote entirely because of the this problem.

I understand that evernote corp wants to make your users work in a certain way but evernote corp are damaging the adoption of this software. Everyone is different and have their own personal reasons for doing things in a certain way.

Please allow more fluid control of the notebooks in the mobile applications. Some of us will be in class on our iPads and want to make notebooks inside notebook stacks on the fly without having to wait until we get home and go onto our desktop software (1 friend does not even have a desktop anymore and just uses the iPad. He stopped using Evernote too.)

Please do not dictate to the users how they should use the software, evernote should be more like a real notebook, do what you want and get out the way. At the moment evernote gets in the way and dominates the note taking process. There is so much wrong with this process I don't understand how evernote corp can have millions of dollars and still make these mistakes.

Sorry for the rant but this past semester all of my friends and family that was using evernote have finally given up because it seems the company wants its software used in a certain way.

Evernote should be about getting out of the users way and allowing them to do what they want. I just have a feeling the company doesn't agree with this philosophy.

I hope Evernote corp takes a change in direction and stops being so adamant that everyone takes notes in the same way.

Also telling friends to use the web interface is not an option, their response is "Why, i just want to do it on the app, fine i will stop using it."

Most people don't have the time to flip between interfaces to do a simple and logical operation that is not available for some obscure reason.

Archived