(Archived) Evernote on Ubuntu's New Phones

I noticed the Evernote app Mark Shuttleworth's Ubuntu phone presentation. The last I read on the Evernote website and through their forums. Linux was not going to be supported. Is this false advertising, or is Evernote now an native app on Ubuntu. I hope it comes to Linux!.

At 3:45 you will see the Evernote app.

• Level 5*

He goes on to distinguish between HTML5 apps and native apps. Evernote has said previously that they would not be building a native Linux app (though they could have changed their minds, of course); this could just be the web app.

• Level 5*

I have serious doubts about the viability of the Ubuntu phone, because it is at least a year away, and in tech years, that is a very long time. Assuming they do get this thing off the ground and it gets some traction, Evernote might consider it, because they are very invested in mobile, which is important for growing and keeping their user base. I guess you never know!

I like the idea of an ubuntu phone, but I am not sure how well they can compete with Android, iOS and Windows 8. With a year to go before it is available, they may be 2 years too late to get a foothold. But I hope I am wrong.

I doubt that Evernote will do apps to support it until it captures a significant part of the market.

Archived