(Archived) Evernote Window Disappears/Reappears

hputman

Idea

When browsing through notes in Evernote 5.0.4 on Mac running Snow Leopard, The Evernote window will occasionally disappear. Oddly if I wait a few seconds it usually reappears on its own. Or, I can click on the Window->Evernote from the menu to get it back.

The disappearing happens when I select new note. I am using list view with the preview pane showing.

post-56158-0-92171600-1357220548_thumb.p

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

This sounds similar to a bug that I have reported (https://www.evernote.com/shard/s74/sh/b1a2f0e2-c5d1-4009-834a-8d7a747efce3/cc15f2c42454bf8a1ef11c1977479494):

BUG: Disappearing Notes

When editing a note in OSX 10.8.2 on a 2012 Macbook Air using Evernote Version 5.0.5 Beta (400788), sometimes the screen goes blank, and the note disappears. If I press CMD + R and redo the search, (in this case) I get 806 notes, I can change the sort to find the last note updated, locate my note, and start editing it again. There is no warning before the screen changes, and if you are touch typing without looking at the screen (in a meeting, for example), it is quite an obstacle. This happens several times a day.

• Level 5*

No. That's not the issue. My entire evernote window disappears. When I go to the dock it says the program is still active. But I have to double click on the evernote Icon to get the window back.

It's very strange.

Oh. I don't remember seeing that.

I just happened to me Sunday with 5.0.5 on my SnowLeopard machine at home. I was just opening notes filtered on a tag one after another, and moving some to a different folder. Sounds like what hbflyte was experiencing also. Cannot reproduce it reliably but I will keep trying.

Ditto here, although Evernote doesn't even have to be the active window. Three times today, while I was browsing in Chrome, the note window disappeared from behind the browser, then reappeared in FRONT of it. Annoying, without question.

Evernote 5.0.5

Mac OS 10.6.8

In Evernote 5.0.5 using OSX 10.6.8 I can reliably reproduce this.

I've restarted Evernote and restarted my Mac to no avail. I have closed all running applications and the issue still persists.

To bring the window back, I do a quick cmd+tab, cmd+tab to toggle out of and back into evernote and the window re-appears.

I have noticed it most frequently when moving notes from one notebook to another or by deleting a note using the delete key on a macbook keyboard.

Hope this helps!

- Josh

Archived