(Archived) Evernote for Mac Sync Issues

dpb1948

Idea

Spent the afternoon of 1.2.13 working with Evernote Premium Support to address an issue with Evernote for Mac. Every suggested fix failed. Help! I am running Evernote Version 5.0.4 (400702) on a MacBook Pro running IOS 10.8.2. I cannot create a new note note on my Mac that will not sync to Evernote. I can create a note on my iPad or on Evernote via the web that I can view on my Mac. Whatever note I attempt to create my Mac will not sync.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Spent the afternoon of 1.2.13 working with Evernote Premium Support to address an issue with Evernote for Mac. Every suggested fix failed. Help! I am running Evernote Version 5.0.4 (400702) on a MacBook Pro running IOS 10.8.2. I cannot create a new note note on my Mac that will not sync to Evernote. I can create a note on my iPad or on Evernote via the web that I can view on my Mac. Whatever note I attempt to create my Mac will not sync.

Hi. Welcome to,the forums. Sorry to hear about your problem!

I don't know what advice support has given to you, and I recommend you listen to what they said if it conflicts with my suggestions, but the first thing I would do is purge your Mac of Evernote and reinstall the direct download version of the app instead of the appstore one ( ). Check the Web, not the iPad, which is not relevant in this case.

Assuming this doesn't work, I would create a dummy account and see if that will sync properly. If it does (check your account on the Web at www.evernote.com), then you know it is your account, and not your computer (or something else) that is the problem.

+1 what Grumpy said.

It is, like with all things that fail, sometimes it is worth thinking about what you had been doing before it started going wrong.

So for example, I re-instated some deleted files yesterday evening before going to bed. This morning I can see that every time Evernote tried to sync since this, it failed. So I deleted the notes again and it is now syncing properly. Why, this happened I don't know, but at least I can look into it from a position of strength as my Evernote is working.

Best regards

Chris

Archived