(Archived) Bug: Windows Application Permissions changes don't sync

Jay Thorne

I'm a free user subscribed to a stack created by my wife's premium account. She changed permissions so I could edit, and it works fine on the Iphone and Ipad installs.

It does not work fine on windows. The permissions have stayed the same though I've restarted the application and the computer a couple of times.

The startup is also very quick on my windows, so I assume the system caches credentialing and permissions, so clearly it's not updating permissions when it syncs. I'm using the latest: 4.6.0.7670

I'm a free user subscribed to a stack created by my wife's premium account. She changed permissions so I could edit, and it works fine on the Iphone and Ipad installs.

It does not work fine on windows. The permissions have stayed the same though I've restarted the application and the computer a couple of times.

The startup is also very quick on my windows, so I assume the system caches credentialing and permissions, so clearly it's not updating permissions when it syncs. I'm using the latest: 4.6.0.7670

Do your activity logs mention anything interesting? I'd suggest trying to open a support ticket. You're theory about caching sounds about right, worse case I imagine it resets itself soon

Archived