(Archived) IPad Shuts Down When Opening A Business Notebook. RESOLVED

• Level 5*

Hi all,

Seems to be a problem when trying to open a business notebook on the iPad. Evernote just shuts down.

Any ideas before I raise a ticket?

Regards

Chris

Go to bed Chris. That's always good advice :) Your business problems will all be better in the morning, because it is 2013, and time for a fresh slate!

Speaking of a fresh slate, I hate to say it, but deleting the app, downloading, and reinstalling through itunes on your computer is probably the best place to start. It is a pain, especially if you have spent hours or days downloading all of your stuff into offline notebooks, but better to rip the bandaid off and hope the problem goes away then wait over a national holiday for support to get back to you, and I suspect you will get similar advice anyhow. I had to do it myself earlier this evening, and I hope sometime in the earlier hours of 2013 the syncing will be done.

Raising a support ticket would be nice to let the developers know the bug is out there. I wouldn't be surprised if they are working even as we speak, and I am sure they wouldn't mind a little more stuff to keep them awake until the clock strikes 12 :)

Hi Grumpy,

Certainly partied most of the night! Feeling a bit shaky now!

Will try the other account on the iPad and see if it does the same, then re install as you say.

I agree, even if it fixes is, it is worth reporting back to support.

Best regards

Chris

Go to bed Chris.

LOL. That's got to be a tech support first!

The new AI assisted Evernote 2013. Automatically detects when you are getting sleepy and instructs you to go to bed. When you delete notes that you shouldn't have, it then sends you to your room. :)

-- roschler

Go to bed Chris.

LOL. That's got to be a tech support first!

The new AI assisted Evernote 2013. Automatically detects when you are getting sleepy and instructs you to go to bed. When you delete notes that you shouldn't have, it then sends you to your room. :)

-- roschler

Love it!

Chris

Hi all,

Saw there was no problem on iPad 1 running previous version of software. Upgraded to latest and still no problem.

Removed software from iPad 4, re-installed from iTunes and now running fine.

Regards

Chris

Archived