(Archived) How to export/backup only all offline-notebooks in one step?

Guest mrossk

Hello.

Since the offline-notebooks are not synced with the evernote servers I backup them more often than the whole evernote database.

I want to be able to extract only offline-notebooks because I want to backup them (encrypted) in the cloud. Backing up the whole database in the cloud every time would take too much time and space.

Currently I mark every single offline-notebook one by one and export this to a separate .enex-file. Currently there is no way to mark a set of offline-notebooks at the same time and export them all together.

In the list-view there are many columns but no one shows if a note is contained in an offline-notebook. Otherwise I could sort all notes for offline-notebooks, mark all this notes and export them all together in one single step.

Any Idea how to export/backup only all offline-notes in one single step?

Thanks.

You could name your offline notebooks so they are sequential. IE preface all offline notebook names with the same special character such as a hyphen. In list view, select all notes, sort by notebook & then all your offline notes can be selected manually in one step.

• Level 5*

I don't know of any way of identifying offline notebooks automatically. You could look into using ENScript to do the exporting for you, though. For example, the ENScript command:

enscript exportnotes /q notebook:MyNotebook /f MyNotebook.enex

will export all notes in the notebook named MyNotebook to a file names MyNotebook.enex.

Make a batch file, and for each offline notebook, add a line that exports that notebook. At the end, zip them all together into a file that contains the current date/time, and you have your backup in one tidy little package. Run the batch file as often as you need, maybe make a scheduled task that does it for you. You'll need to keep the batch file up-to-date with new/deleted offline notebooks.

Guest mrossk

@BurgersNFries

I would have to do this every time before exporting the notes so it is not optimal in my case.

@jefito

This is the best solution for me because the names of my notebooks nearly never change. I will make such a batch file.

Thank you both.

Archived