(Archived) MY NOTES ARE DISAPPEARING; Please Help.

Please see attached screen shots.

My heart is about to drop as I have been

using evernote heavily for client meetings,

web clipping, ideas... note stuff.

Additional Observations:

- there are no new local notes on my computer past 12.9.12

Please help.

- Since most recent Evernote update, I

noticed that my note previews were partial,

then not at all and now worst: Upon restarting

my evernote, all local notes have disappeared.

- They do not exist on my online account.

AND

- Online account is also missing a chunk of note entries.

Please Help.

I am hoping to recover some key notes from over

the past 2 weeks. Thank you.

Ry

post-117336-0-83484800-1356794107_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your problems!

Customer support can provide the best help in a case like this. See the link in my signature.

I don't think there is much we can do, but I wonder if you could explain a little bit more so that we have a better idea of what happened. It might also help when you write to customer support if you clarify some things.

What version of Evernote are you using on your Mac?

What version of the Mac Operating System are you using?

"no new local notes on my computer past 12.9.12" means that you have notes that were in a folder that wasn't supposed to sync? What do you mean by "local"?

"noticed that my note previews were partial," = Card View? What are note previews?

"They do not exist on my online account."= your account on www.evernote.com?

Evernote:

Version 5.0.3 (400675)

Mac:

OS X

Version 10.6.8

- The evernote on my computer is not keeping any new notes past 12.9.12

- New notes can be started and updated but there is no preview of them (see attachment)

post-117336-0-83484800-1356794107_thumb.

- When evernote app is restarted, all notes past the 12.9.12 date disappear.

- These notes are not showing up on my online account on www.evernote.com

- Some of my Online account on www.evernote.com do go past that 12.9.12 date

but none of them are ones that were started on my computer.

I thought is was a syncing issue but it may be a bug in my account.

Ticket # for this is: #16051-210723

Please help

Log on using the web and check to see how many notes you have in total. Is this more or less than you expected?

Then look in EVERY notebook to see if the notes have been misplaced to another location. If you remember the name of a note that has apparently gone missing or something specific in the content then you could search for it. If you find it, check the name of the Notebook and then have a look in there.

Regards

Chris

• Level 5*

I think there may have been a syncing problem with 5.0.3. The current version is 5.0.4. You might want to try upgrading to that. I don't think this will adversely affect you, especially seeing as nothing has synced properly yet, but I cannot guarantee it.

Also, of course, it is good to have several backups of everything.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494 (see step #1)

Chris,

Thank you.

Web has less notes than expected

Searched every note but notes are not there.

GrumpyMonkey

Thank you.

I will back up but new notes are not being registered.

It is as if they do not even exist. I create notes, I can see them,

but they are not searchable, they have no preview, and when

evernote restarts, they disappear. Nothing exist past 12.9.12 date.

I use Evernote version 3.3 I "downgraded from Evernote 5.0 which is a complete disaster of a program"

I have notes that contain photos. I can see a portion of the photo on the note list, but when I click the actual note to see the entire photo, it is blank. This was for a Delta flight voucher for $800. As a result, I cannot get the voucher number to use it. Unreal.

This has happened on more than just one note. It is the same on the web platform and on my iPhone. I open the actual note and it is blank.

Once again, I took a note on my iPhone and when I got home, there was just a header with the location of where I took the note. But the content was gone. This happens a lot.

I am done with Evernote. I am canceling my premium subscription. This was the single best program I ever used, and now it is a joke. I would not use a bank that kept losing the money in my account, and lost my deposits. Why would I use an information program that loses my information? I guess I will have to use Google drive. It does not have the hierarchy but at least it is reliable and the Google staff seems to care, which Evernote does not seem to.

If this company were public, I would short it and make a fortune as it went to $0.

• Level 5*

I use Evernote version 3.3 I "downgraded from Evernote 5.0 which is a complete disaster of a program"

I have notes that contain photos. I can see a portion of the photo on the note list, but when I click the actual note to see the entire photo, it is blank. This was for a Delta flight voucher for $800. As a result, I cannot get the voucher number to use it. Unreal.

This has happened on more than just one note. It is the same on the web platform and on my iPhone. I open the actual note and it is blank.

Once again, I took a note on my iPhone and when I got home, there was just a header with the location of where I took the note. But the content was gone. This happens a lot.

I am done with Evernote. I am canceling my premium subscription. This was the single best program I ever used, and now it is a joke. I would not use a bank that kept losing the money in my account, and lost my deposits. Why would I use an information program that loses my information? I guess I will have to use Google drive. It does not have the hierarchy but at least it is reliable and the Google staff seems to care, which Evernote does not seem to.

If this company were public, I would short it and make a fortune as it went to $0.

Hi. It sounds to me like this might be a problem with the iPhone app, not the OSX one, and potentially unrelated to the OP's problem (see, for example, ). This sounds very serious, and I also think the Evernote staff will take it seriously, but you have to contact customer support to get help.

Archived