(Archived) Google Notebook import

I found I have a couple Google Notebooks that I never imported, and Evernote's import link no longer works. There are instructions & a video for using the import feature on the Evernote web site, but I can't find the link to actually do it. The link I have is:

http://evernote.com/GoogleNotebooks.action

But it's no longer there. It would be helpful to keep the link around Evernote--what harm in doing so?! Since Notebook has been completely shut down, I can't copy & paste any longer. Fortunately, I kept all of the atom files, but would like to import the ones I missed.

If you've discontinued the import feature, you might want to remove the video & how-to information....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

So I guess no one at Evernote cares to help?

Support doesn't work via the forums, you get user input here with an occasional developer comment.. and it doesn't seem as though anyone has any useful experience or suggestions to contribute. Although you don't have a fault as such, I'd suggest raising a support ticket (see my sig below) for some 'official' feedback.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I have the same issue.  I take notes in a text file and I have a program that converts to ATOM format for upload.  It just works better for me.  I've been doing this for a couple years, but the import link (http://www.evernote.com/GoogleNotebooks.action) is now missing.

I did the Google search, but most folks are pointing to the broken link, or this thread.

Incidentally, and I mean no disrespect, but suggesting a Google search is poor advice for two reasons.

1. It's an easy answer.  It's the first thing we all do, and if it works then we wouldn't be posting here.

2. It's impermanent.  Folks may come to this thread in 3 years and have the same question.  The search results you got in January 2013 will be different than I got today (June 2013) will be different than what someone will get in August of 2016.  If you don't have an actual answer, I would suggest that you not post at all.  You're just providing noise.  I assume there's some economy on posts which rewards this behavior.  That's too bad.

Would love to be able to import text-based notes to Evernote.  Any ideas.

• Level 5*

Hello, I have the same issue.  I take notes in a text file and I have a program that converts to ATOM format for upload.  It just works better for me.  I've been doing this for a couple years, but the import link (http://www.evernote.com/GoogleNotebooks.action) is now missing.

I did the Google search, but most folks are pointing to the broken link, or this thread.

Incidentally, and I mean no disrespect, but suggesting a Google search is poor advice for two reasons.

1. It's an easy answer.  It's the first thing we all do, and if it works then we wouldn't be posting here.

2. It's impermanent.  Folks may come to this thread in 3 years and have the same question.  The search results you got in January 2013 will be different than I got today (June 2013) will be different than what someone will get in August of 2016.  If you don't have an actual answer, I would suggest that you not post at all.  You're just providing noise.  I assume there's some economy on posts which rewards this behavior.  That's too bad.

Would love to be able to import text-based notes to Evernote.  Any ideas.

If you read the original responses you'll appreciate that not much hope was offered to begin with, and the point of searches IS that the results will differ every time one is made - so that you'll pick up any offerings of apps that are more recent than the latest responses here.

You also may have noticed that this is a user forum,  so the best you'll get is observations from others trying to be helpful.

-And the best way to get text notes into Evernote is to use a Windows computer.

• Level 5*

You'd be surprised how many forum users here do not do a web search before asking questions here. I did the web search indicated before, and read the links (which were live then), and saw nothing that would help. Those links are now evidently dead now (I didn't check), but that doesn't mean that doing the web search wouldn't turn up other links that are live and maybe more relevant.

Easy answers are easy because they actually work in a lot of cases. Another classic is the common tech support advice to uninstall and reinstall the software that you're having troubles with. It works often enough that it's worth doing that first. That's why we suggest them.

Archived