(Archived) Evernote REWIND !

Definition: 1. To wind again or anew

Okay, Guilty party here....

I would like to see a topic covered to help those like myself, who, either did not take the time to think through the setup of Notebooks, tags etc... that EN has to offer.

A REWIND of sorts to re-set my notebooks/tags workflow.

In my case , I believe I have way to many Notebooks, and possibly tags.

It seemed to be the right way to do things when I first started, but now I realize it was just to many to remember and actually slows down my EN experience.

some of the topics I would like to see are:

1) How to rename / re-organize Notebooks and Notes (without losing them)

2) Suggested methods to keep things organized and a flow.

3) How to keep work and personal items separated. (suggestions)

4) templates? - or jpegs of good examples that work.

Having talked with friends that are EN users, they agreed, in fact we have slowed and some have stopped their EN usage all together, due to this same problem we created for ourselves!

EN REWIND - sounds like a great topic name...

let me know what you think, and if there is already a topic like this, please let me know... and disregard this message..

Thanks so much... MDSD77

Definition: 1. To wind again or anew

Okay, Guilty party here....

I would like to see a topic covered to help those like myself, who, either did not take the time to think through the setup of Notebooks, tags etc... that EN has to offer.

A REWIND of sorts to re-set my notebooks/tags workflow.

In my case , I believe I have way to many Notebooks, and possibly tags.

It seemed to be the right way to do things when I first started, but now I realize it was just to many to remember and actually slows down my EN experience.

some of the topics I would like to see are:

1) How to rename / re-organize Notebooks and Notes (without losing them)

2) Suggested methods to keep things organized and a flow.

3) How to keep work and personal items separated. (suggestions)

4) templates? - or jpegs of good examples that work.

Having talked with friends that are EN users, they agreed, in fact we have slowed and some have stopped their EN usage all together, due to this same problem we created for ourselves!

EN REWIND - sounds like a great topic name...

let me know what you think, and if there is already a topic like this, please let me know... and disregard this message..

Thanks so much... MDSD77

WRT #1, what client(s) are you using? Very easy to rename stacks, notebooks, tags & notes (AKA changing title) in the Windows desktop. I presume also easy in the web & Mac clients but can't say for sure. Easy to retitle notes in iOS using third party app, Clever & probably the EN iOS app.

Easy to use the Windows/web clients to move notes between notebooks.

WRT the rest, these topics have been discussed at great length already on the board. I suggest you search the board & peruse the existing threads.

• Level 5*

...and with respect to the above

1) The best processes are the ones that work for you, with your specific hardware, software, use case and expertise levels. So best practice is: try stuff out and see what works. And

2) The answers to your questions differ from one bit of hardware to the next, and from one version of Evernote to another. It's not possible to produce a definitive user guide.

I don't think the guys that produce the Swiss Army Knife do a detailed "how to use the scissors" guide for similar reasons...

Archived