(Archived) One Note with Multiple Files?

In an effort to continue to consolidate as many things as possible into EN I have begun to move some program files into EN such as Word documents, Excel documents, etc. Is it possible to add multiple files to one note such as 3 or 4 pdf files or several Word documents?

• Level 5*

Hi Mike. Please see my post in your other thread () for some thoughts on your plan, but in regards to this particular question, please remember that there are note size limits (they currently vary considerably, as I understand, because Evernote is in the midst of a soft rollout of raised limits -- Premium users for Mac currently have a 100MB limit). Test everything before you erase any files (actually, as you'll see in my other post, I don't recommend erasing anything).

• Level 5*

In an effort to continue to consolidate as many things as possible into EN I have begun to move some program files into EN such as Word documents, Excel documents, etc. Is it possible to add multiple files to one note such as 3 or 4 pdf files or several Word documents?

Here are some instructions for using the Windows client. If you turn off syncing and experiment a bit, you'll get the hang of it without chewing up your upload allowance.

http://evernote.com/evernote/guide/windows/#2

Thanks for the replies, now I understand how to do this. While I have used EN for about a year my workflow was the opposite, I would drag files into an import folder and then allowed EN to upload them. I had never added them to a new note in EN but now I know how to do that.

Thanks again,

Mike

• Level 5

Thanks for the replies, now I understand how to do this. While I have used EN for about a year my workflow was the opposite, I would drag files into an import folder and then allowed EN to upload them. I had never added them to a new note in EN but now I know how to do that.

Thanks again,

Mike

You're welcome.

On a personal level, I prefer to restrict one note to just one file. It is easier to track them.

Because Evernote does not search Word doc. files, I usually open them, then copy the text into an Evernote note. This allows Evernote search to work on the data.

And if the original file is important, I throw it into the same note.

• 3 months later...

Hi TeePee,

You shouldn't have any problem. This is a simple case of drag to the Note and you should see the pdf's as separate icons or already open.

Have you scrolled down the Note to see if the other/s are there also?

Try the obvious of re booting.

Also let us know what client and Evernote version you are using.

Best regards

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris,

As I mentioned I don't see icons; I see the document already opened in the [Evernote provided Foxit] PDF reader. The only controls I see are the reader controls which take me to the end of the document, not to the other document.

I am using Evernote for Windows.

All the best

Tim

Hi Tim,

Right click the pdf document you can see and select 'view as attachment'

You should now see the pdf document as an icon and possibly your other document will be open. You can then right click that and do the same.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Tim,

I should add that you are likely as not seeing all the documents as you scroll down, but maybe thinking that it is just the first document and the 'other' pages. Once you have done what I suggest above, I am sure it will be much clearer.

Best regards

Chris

Archived