Show only tags associated to a notebook

pete_en

I've just recently started using tags for my items, and I noticed that I dislike seeing tags for a notebook I'm not viewing. I've begun using Springpad a little, and I noticed when I'm viewing a folder, it displays only tags under that folder. Then viewing notebooks in Evernote I realized just how much it makes sense not to show all tags all the time.

• 7 months later...
  • Level 5*

Still not figuring out how to display only the tags for the notebook in use. I am using ver 5 beta on WinXP.

This doesn't work (yet) in the version 5 beta. I'm pretty sure that's already been reported. It's a beta and there are still a number of glitches to be worked out...
  • 4 months later...

Bloody hell they removed this feature? I didn't even notice until now, I was wondering why you guys didn't have the feature and I did. Gatta be honest, I'm a bit peeved. I don't have a ton of tags, but I can imagine adding more and having that list run on for ages instead of showing just tags inside that notebook.

• 2 months later...

Yes. This is a crucial capability. Viewing only the tags assigned to notes in a notebook is important because notebooks can contain notes on widely divergent topics. When I am adding a note to a notebook, I'd prefer to see only tags already assigned to notes in that notebook, but with the option, of course, to see all tags.

• 1 year later...

Archived