(Archived) Idea: "send to trash" programed on time.

Hi. In first time, excuse my english language. I only know a few words of english.

Idea:

Add a function that allows to program when a note is to be deleted.

Examples:

• "send to trash at date": 21 of july of 2016.
  • "send to trash at date": on 12 weeks from now.

Reasons:

Sometimes I capture information on a particular things that may be useful at any time, but only for a period of time. After some months (or years) that information remains in Evernote without being helpful. When this happens repeatedly, I have accumulate dozens of notes unusefull. Just for that, then I waste my time reviewing many notes to see if I still are Useful or not.

• Level 5*

I'm not saying it will never happen, but given that Evernote is meant to help you remember everything I think it is very unlikely that they will ever implement anything that deletes your notes automatically.

I agree with Metrodon - probably will never happen any time soon, if at all. EN is very emphatic about not deleting your notes/information. What you can do is apply a tag (IE "delete later"). On a regular basis, you could select all notes with that tag & sort by created date & delete the ones over X number of days old.

I'm not saying it will never happen, but given that Evernote is meant to help you remember everything I think it is very unlikely that they will ever implement anything that deletes your notes automatically.

Automatically no! Programed.

Only when the user wants. Save information is useful only when it will be needed again.

What you can do is apply a tag (IE "delete later"). On a regular basis, you could select all notes with that tag & sort by created date & delete the ones over X number of days old.

Your solution no is effective if you have a lot of notes. Additionally, each note can have a shelf life as containing varying.

Archived