(Archived) New Ideas and features

There are features that I think would make Evernote amazing. Some of those features are below:

Highlighting inside documents, similar to what you can do in PDF apps or on a computer (Mac or PC)

Mobile search inside pdfs or other attachment docs; you can search a native note, but anything attached can not be search on mobile

No more attachements would solve that, instead when you attach a note make it a native note

Starring notes so they go into a separate notebook, or you can sort the starred notes.

I use Evernote on a daily basis for work, studying, and personal life. I can honestly say that Evernote helped me pass an extremely important exam for my career...the Series 7. This is a financial exam that allows individuals to sell securities, and shows that an individual understands the complex world of securities and investing. One of the most difficult exams out there, not because of complicated terms, mathematics, or ideas, but the amount of information that is required to be learned.

If anyone you know is going through these types of exams I strongly encourage you to recommend Evernote to them.

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see introduced the flexibility to secure a note or a notebook with a password for those of us who might share our evernote with others. Then we can keep personal info just a little bit more personal. Is this a possibility? Ovbiously not all notebooks would be password protected, that would be incredibly inefficient, but maybe one would suffice.

One little feature that would be really useful would be to add a "Today's Date" button to the Notes area toolbar. I use Evernote a lot for making diary entries, and being able to paste in the date and maybe the time with one button push would be very handy.

One little feature that would be really useful would be to add a "Today's Date" button to the Notes area toolbar. I use Evernote a lot for making diary entries, and being able to paste in the date and maybe the time with one button push would be very handy.

You can do this in the Windows client (I don't know about the other clients): in a note, type "Alt + Shift + D" or "Control + ;" to insert the current date and time. Easy!

Archived