(Archived) Folder import after PC Migration

Hi

I use folder import and retain (keep) the files that I've imported into Evernote.

I've recently migrated to a new PC, installed Evernote, all my past notes have been downloaded from the internet, and I have copied over the old Evernote import folder with all my kept documents. I want to start putting new notes in. However this instance of Evernote sees the import folder as new, and what I would like it to do is to ignore all the files in the import folder which exist today (i.e. don't import duplicates) and just import anything I add after today. This would make it work exactly as it has before and I keep all my files in one folder.

Obviously there's an easy workaround which is just to save the old import folder in a safe place, and start a new one, but can I use the old one and make it ignore the files in it at the point where I point Evernote at it?

Lafite

but can I use the old one and make it ignore the files in it at the point where I point Evernote at it?

AFAIK, no. If you don't want to create a new import folder, you could temporarily change the receiving EN notebook to a local/non-syncd one. After all the files are imported, delete the dups, empty the trash, move new ones to the correct notebook & change the receiving notebook to the correct one.

Archived