(Archived) Any More Business Users Out There?

C6REW

Hi All,

Surely I cannot be one of the few business users? We need more input from you if you have installed the business version.

How is it going, what problems have you encountered, how are you using the software? And so on and so on.

I'm poised and ready to listen!

Regards

Chris

Unlike "regular" Evernote, I believe the Evernote Business users may be more quiet about their usage of the product. At least the initial group. Some companies are a bit cautious about letting out what software their company uses, for whatever reason.

Hi Heather,

I cannot imagine they are having an easy time of it. Just wonder how they are getting on.

As a business man of many years standing I learnt a long time ago the power of help from groups such as this. Keeping as far away as I can from the people who have no interest in you and what you do but only in how much money they can strip off you. As a teacher of sales teams in the past I have always taught that the power of the relationship is the most important factor. If that goes well, then your relationship becomes a long term one.

Maximer, a CRM was such a useful tool and I still use it now having been one of it's first devotees as a DOS programme. But they decided it is better to offer contracts to help you install and set up your software, charging ever extortionate prices. The internet has little in the way of support meaning you struggle unless a software or computer engineer to get problems sorted.

What I like about Evernote, is not only that it is a simple and somewhat straightforward product, but that there is the ability to share any problems or tips you come across on this forum. I just hope that this continues as it is where most people will come for help as the product develops.

If we manage to get a few business users here discussing their problems without being emotional about the failings, I see a great product developing.

I have spent some time debating with myself the various ways that Evernote Business can help to streamline my business. To help us become less dependent on paper and become more efficient at dealing with our customers. So far the move has been a little torturous and I really should not have gone down this route when also trying to be Father Christmas to a lot of my customers, driving all over the country! But I am excited by my early start and seem to be telling everyone I meet how useful this software is. On Monday I was having advanced driving instruction and spent a while afterwards explaining Evernote, again, to the instructor. I really must get a life!!

Best regards

Chris

@C6REW I think we should have some clients signing up in a couple of months (most are using premium at present). Judging by the number of individual users posting re Business edition I'd guess there are about 5000 using it now.

But I think for serious take up there needs to be a free trial period (30 days), reduction in cost to $8 per user and stability!

Hi Mike, that will be great.

Got to agree with a 30 day trial period. It is only serious and passionate Evernote users like us that are going to storm in and go for the business version. I guess the worrying thing for Evernote is that the trial period right now, might just put some people off.

A real pity that they didn't just ask for a few volunteers to test out the system. I guess that is what we are, with the only difference being, we are paying for it!

Best regards

Chris

I paid for EB Business - and now regretting it. There is no easy way to transfer existing notes into ENB. For those of us who already use EN in business this is a pain. Also I don't seem to be able to change notes from one notebook to another even though I am the administrator. I virtually live in Evernote but have reverted to "normal" EN - it's easier and less hassle.

• Level 5

I paid for EB Business - and now regretting it. There is no easy way to transfer existing notes into ENB. For those of us who already use EN in business this is a pain. Also I don't seem to be able to change notes from one notebook to another even though I am the administrator. I virtually live in Evernote but have reverted to "normal" EN - it's easier and less hassle.

It certainly looks like Evernote jumped the gun on the release of the business version.

Seems like it was an "escape", not a "release". I can't get my business notes to sync. I can't transfer notes from my personal notebooks to my business notebooks. I am a heavy Evernote user, very experienced. Very disappointed with this.

I have no idea what I would use "evernote for business" for. I can share folders with other users now.. so what are business notebooks for? I was kind of interested in rolling "EN for B" out for my company, but I could not see how it would be useful with only one folder level.

What would be really usful would be ftp connectivity to our company data repsoitory which has some 800GB of files in it. Nested to some 10 levels. This would really make a difference to have a connector function like this so that all the 100's of thousands of files were available to users. Of course EN could back fill my servers to lighten the memory space on their servers. I would still pay for premium...

That and the missing image edititing tool. I would pay more than my premium fee for that.

Thomas

I am not sure that EN for business is a good move, there are issues with moving notes from personal notebooks, EN have just released an updated version to allow moving of notes but even using this new fix you get a warning message saying all note history will be lost if you move the note. That is useless for established businesses, I have thousands of notes and rely on the note history for logging interaction with Clients so I am stuck with not being able to move them to my business notebook.

What really annoys me is that EN produced so much hype about how good this would be, no free trial and no mention of the issues over transferring notes. Also I have read some postings on the forum about notes disappearing. I think this is tantamount to miselling as the application is not fit for purpose.

I thought EN was good but this time I think they have lost the plot. I am seriously looking to ditch EN completely in favour of a CRM application.

Hi Ian,

I have been using Maximizer CRM since it was a DOS programme. Unfortunately it does not give me the cross platform 'cloud' ability that I find I now need.

Yes there are a number of 'cloud' based CRM packages out there, but none that allow 'cloud' and 'local' storage at a sensible price. We would have to pay about £700 per user per year, which is ludicrous in my opinion.

Apart from that, I have not found anyone who can take my 16 years of data and port it across.

What I have found is that a combination of using Evernote and a CRM work well together. Not the best solution and if Evernote wanted to produce a CRM i'm the man to test it!!

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5

I am not sure that EN for business is a good move...

Maybe a bit premature, since it was just released.

But every day that goes by seems to bring up another unexpected issue.

Especially judging from the problems posted in this Business forum.

And not many positive comments.

Other than the 2GB limit, there are not a lot of overwhelming reasons to move from Premium to Business.

the selling point for me to upgrade to business was that i could open it up to more of my staff now that there could be a definitive wall between my personal/private/sensitive notes & open business notes. It looks like the end user has not been consulted on this and like the CEO says on the intro video say evernote built it for themselves first and foremost.

The restriction in flow of information between the two types of folders is a big fail

I think im going to revert back to the old version and store personal files in dropbox.... what a pain...

ill lose a day of my life doing this

hopefully evernote doesn't lose my files

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in EN business for my company but am concerned by the negative posts I am seeing. Is everyone still unhappy with EN business?

I am also concerned with the difficulty in contacting EN. If I'm going to spend $3,000 per year on a product I like to be able to speak to a live person. I sent some questions to EN on their website (the only way I could find to contact them) over a week ago and have not received a reply yet.

Hi Mike,

I am probably the biggest contributor of the 'Business' version of Evernote on the forum, so let me give you my thoughts.

When the software was launched in December I am not sure it was totally ready. I don't think Evernote did a bad job, but maybe certain 'circumstances' had not been totally thought through. Having been in the software industry in the past, I appreciate how easy it is to miss things.

That said, I have no issue with things going wrong, as long as they are dealt with quickly. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the case with Evernote. My key problem which you will read in this section was loosing a lot of data. This turned out to misplaced and Evernote got it sorted promptly over Christmas to get me up and running.

It does operate differently from the normal version and that is a learning curve. But once you get it up and running it is truly superb. In fact the greatest accolade that I can give is Claire my Wife, secretary and accountant before leaving the office an hour ago, having raised several orders based on quotations stored in Evernote, said, 'I am loving this Evernote, it is so easy to use'

What she meant by this, is that we no longer print out quotations then enter them in a quote book. So Claire does not have to collect the quote, copy it to put in the order file, then place the quote it in the office juniors tray so they can put it back in the quote file having completed the document at the front of the quote file.

This has been made possible by the Business version of the software. Oh I am sure it could have been done in the normal version, but it would not work quite as simply.

There is still a few minor bugs, but these are as far as I can see mainly to do with my problem of 'moved' data.

In your shoes, I would do what I have done, but a couple of licences to set it up and get it running. Once done, it becomes a simple task of moving it out to the whole team.

Never have I seen such a useful tool work quite as well as this.

As to telephone support, I believe that this is available once you are a business user. I have opted to do all of my technical support via email, which works very quickly and efficiently for me.

Happy to answer any of your questions on here or by PM.

Best regards

Chris

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Surely I cannot be one of the few business users? We need more input from you if you have installed the business version.

How is it going, what problems have you encountered, how are you using the software? And so on and so on.

I'm poised and ready to listen!

Regards

Chris

I am trying to convince my employer, a small NYSE company, that Evernote is a great way to go for collaboration. They have no disagreement about that, but they are much more conservative than I am and would prefer to be the third or fourth into a new technology, not the first or second.  I've spoken with Evernote Tech Support, and they can't give me the names of big companies using Evernote (confidential information), so I would like to find out via the forums if anyone is at a larger company that is using it. I don't need a testimonial or anything - I am an Evernote user already and know what it is good at and what will be better in future versions. I just need to be able to tell my employer that they would not be the first!

Hi Edward,

Alas, I am just a small company so cannot give you the reassurance you need.

But keeping plugging on here and I am sure someone will step forward and admit to having a lot of business seats!

Best regards

Chris

Archived