(Archived) Sync Failed!

C6REW

Hi All,

Before I raise a ticket has anyone any idea why I am experiencing this problem?

I have Business installed on two Windows 7 computers.

As mentioned elsewhere I now have quotations in Word loaded into a specific folder.

On the 2nd computer as an order came in to match a quotation, the 'note' with the quotation in was annotated with today's date and our reference number. Then the 'note' was moved to the '2012 Order' folder.

The 2nd computer has since been trying to synch. It receives changes made on the 1st computer but does not seem to be sending the change to the 'note' with the quotation.

The following message comes up in a window at the bottom of the screen every time:

Synchronisation Complete

Sync failed due to unexpected behaviour at client side.

Any thoughts?

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5

Any thoughts?

Chris, I've been reading your posts on the Business Launch of Evernote.

Thank you for doing a yeoman's work on this subject.

The thought that crosses my mind is why Evernote's Quality Assurance didn't catch these issues before the release.

Hi jbenson,

So determined to make this work, but very disappointed that it has not been dealt with by Evernote's team before launching. It is one thing messing with personal users, which is of course bad enough, but when you start to mess with a business that can turn out costly!

Regards

Chris

Just an update on what is going on.

It seems that if the 2nd user tries to move the note into a different folder the error occurs.

Having now got everything back to normal, I thought a solution would be to use a new tag. So on the 2nd computer I added the tag 'Ordered' and synched with no error message. However, the tag does not upload to the 2nd users web log in, so it is not surprising that it does not make it to the original computer! Aaargghh!

Seems to me that the only way to deal with it until Evernote get their act together is for the 2nd user who is in accounts to put the date and our reference number. Add the tag 'Ordered', then hopefully in the not too distant future Evernote will get the tags sharing issue solved!

Will raise a ticket now.

Best regards

Chris

I'm getting this error as well. So far I am the only one dealing with these notebooks, no second user. Very frustrating. I have not yet, in a week since converting to business, been able to sync my business notebooks properly. I have only 4 out of 279 or so notes syncing in my default business notebook. I get the "client side" error. I get Evernote Windows crashing completely. It tells me that it is synced when it is not. Very disappointing. Support has not been helpful. They suggest it is something to do with my tags, but nothing constructive has been offered to fix it.

Just an update on what is going on.

It seems that if the 2nd user tries to move the note into a different folder the error occurs.

Having now got everything back to normal, I thought a solution would be to use a new tag. So on the 2nd computer I added the tag 'Ordered' and synched with no error message. However, the tag does not upload to the 2nd users web log in, so it is not surprising that it does not make it to the original computer! Aaargghh!

Seems to me that the only way to deal with it until Evernote get their act together is for the 2nd user who is in accounts to put the date and our reference number. Add the tag 'Ordered', then hopefully in the not too distant future Evernote will get the tags sharing issue solved!

Will raise a ticket now.

Best regards

Chris

I am pretty certain that it is something to do with linked documents.

Yesterday on my computer I had a word doc link automatically to a Note. I then changed the doc and a new note came up. I deleted the original note and doc. From then on I started to get the error message on my computer.

I reckon if I reinstate the doc the error message will go away. Will try when I am up, it is 03:55 at the moment and I am on the iPad.

Regards

Chris

Archived