(Archived) Using Import Folders A Tip!

C6REW

Hi All,

Sorry to be hogging the business section. I am not sure if this is only with the business version, but it is the only one I have used this facility on.

So I have created an import folder for my Word quotations. What I discovered today is that after creating the quote then saving it, making a change and saving again, it creates another note with a new document in every time you click on save! Couldn't understand why I had three notes with the same document in!!

I don't think this is a problem, but it means you need to complete the document before saving if you only want one copy in Evernote.

I did open up a Word document directly from Evernote and made changes which saved and managed to get shared with my other user. Unfortunately these changes don't seem to be saved to the document folder on my computer. It would definitely be a good idea to do this, but I don't understand the software implications. In the meantime, if I am to continue using this system I need to make a decision and change in how I work. Once the document is created then the master if used or changed has to be within Evernote.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

This is the way Evernote is meant to work I think, if you have a document already in Evernote and you open it, make changes and then save it then your Evernote account is updated.

If you open a document in an import folder and change it then you are as far as the process is concerned creating a new document each time.

You can't have a single document that resides in both your file system and Evernote. (Well it does in Evernote for OS X, but not in the way you want it to be).

Archived