(Archived) Clicking link corrupts images?

x0~O~0x

Idea

Hey,

I've already submitted a bug report for this, but I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing disappearing images upon clicking links to their notes. Here's a procedure that always leads to an image disappearing (at least for me):

1. With Evernote closed (but EvernoteHelper running), go to Google.com in Safari 6.0.2 with Evernote Web Clipper installed. Right-click the Google logo and choose "Save Image to Evernote."
  2. Launch Evernote and sync.
  3. Right click on note containing the clipped image and choose "Copy Note Link"
  4. Quit Evernote (not EvernoteHelper).
  5. Open TextEdit and paste the link.
  6. Click on the link. The image will appear as a question mark. Now close the note window and reopen the note. Now, no image whatsoever appears. The image has been deleted from the note (this can be verified by looking at the web interface).

I only started using links today, so I have no idea if this bug is unique to version 5, but I experienced it in both 5.0.0 and 5.0.4.

4 replies to this idea

Hey,

I'm having issues with my support ticket, so I thought I'd bump this topic. I received a sequence of emails asking me to reinstall Evernote, then reinstall after a clean uninstall with AppTrap, and then then install a pre-release version. None of these worked. The last response I got until today asked me for my log files, which I sent. But today I got a new email identical to the first again asking me to reinstall Evernote (I've already tried this). I think there's an issue with the automated response system, so if anyone here could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hey,

I'm having issues with my support ticket, so I thought I'd bump this topic. I received a sequence of emails asking me to reinstall Evernote, then reinstall after a clean uninstall with AppTrap, and then then install a pre-release version. None of these worked. The last response I got until today asked me for my log files, which I sent. But today I got a new email identical to the first again asking me to reinstall Evernote (I've already tried this). I think there's an issue with the automated response system, so if anyone here could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi. Sorry to hear about the problem. I think if you post your ticket number here for other Evernote staff to see and flag internally, and then write them a brief email saying that the instructions you have just received are simply repeating earlier instructions, then the CS folks will catch the error. It is a holiday in the US at the moment, so the response might be slightly delayed.

Archived