(Archived) Best Way To Include Two Large Folders Into Business

C6REW

Hi All,

I am slowly coming round to how the 'business' edition can work in our small company.

We have a large amount of data in two folders. One is made up of about 3GB of pdf datasheets which is forever changing, the other is about 1GB of word documents that are letters and quotations etc.

Forgive me if this question is obvious, but how do I link these to a 'business' account. Is it just a case of moving the folder into a specific location on my computer, which I would rather not do. Or can I put a link to the respective folders and other users can then use or edit them and they will get updated in the cloud and on my computer?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Chris

So I have started a business account with two users.

I am now trying to move my diary over to the business account with no luck!

I am also trying to create a notebook in the Business Library so I can add my docs as mentioned above with no luck!

Any ideas folks.

Regards

Chris

Hi Metrodon,

Many thanks. Yes I had been working with that and have been moving some of my existing 'diary' notes by creating a new identical notebook in the 'business' notebook. Slow but it works.

My problems are:

1. How to create a notebook in the 'business library'

2. What is the best way to put say all of my 'word' documents into it so if they are worked on by anyone else or any other computer/device they will stay synched. Bearing in mind I have been using a system of storing these documents for about 10 years. This uses the same method I currently have of printing out and storing the quotations. So I am currently on folder 2012 - B and the quotes are kept in a folder in my computer in a folder of the same name.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

Can't help you with 1 I'm afraid, haven't seen Business yet.

I assume you can add a Word doc to a note just like you can with 'personal' Evernote. Any user with access can then open the Word doc and as long as they save it, the note is updated. Does that make sense?

Hi Metrodon,

Yes I think you are right and it probably works the same as a normal account.

What I cannot remember is if you create a link to a folder. Bearing in mind I have 10,000 word documents I don't want to add them individually. The idea is that all of us can access the historical quotations from any device with ease.

Best regards

Chros

Hi Metrodon,

There has to be a way of sharing the 'document' database via the 'Business Library' but I am not sure how to do this. I don't want to share over the network and this ability is being talked about on the business sales pages, but as with all Evernote products the documentation on how to do anything is a bit sparse!!

Best regards

Chris

Might have sussed it!

In Windows under 'Tools', open up 'Import Folders'. If all goes to plan then all I need do there is select the current folder I use with all my Word Docs and it will synch!

Waiting for other synching to complete before trying, but looks promising!

If it works then I will also be synching the 3GB pdf folder with all my datasheets! That may take a while.

Regards

Chris

I don't mind adding files if it works!

But just spotted in trying to do it that it won't allow me to add them to a business notebook. Which seems wrong to me! Will have another go in the morning, too tired to try and work it out now.

Regards

chris

Having now found this thread:

I have updated to the beta version and it allows adding to business notebooks. So it now looks like I will be able to do what I need to.

Best regards

Chris

Archived