(Archived) Syncing: how to manage it

I have begun to use Evernote. I have been a longtime Skitch user. I am a 3D instructor in Second Life and constantly take pics to explain to users how to work their 3D program. All of a sudden, my upload count got used up. I am guessing because I sync. I don't need all the images I take with Skitch to be uploaded as they are often one-time use or saved to my HDD.

So what can I do here? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Cris

• Level 5*

Hi Cris - welcome to the forums. Can you reduce the resolution of your pictures? There's a hot discussion around here about the issue of iPhone pics being 2.4MB a pop and soaking up upload bandwidth. The only resolution (AFAIK) is to use something other than Evernote to store the pics, at least temporarily until you can edit them to lower res/ smaller size. Could you save these pics to your device or online storage like DropBox?

It's not the size, though. It's the fact that they're trying to upload at all. I don't need them to as I put them on my site or for reference, so I generally do not use them in my notebooks. It appears that every pic I take with Skitch tries to sync and therefore uploads to my notebooks.

• Level 5*

OK - not a Mac user (don't hate me) but as you've got local storage there should be a way to put your Skitch pics into a 'local only' notebook which is *not* synced to the server. You may have to make this your default notebook in Evernote or mess with Skitch settings to see where it's saving its pictures. There is hope...

Archived