(Archived) BUG: Evernote crashes on startup

LevoDextro

Idea

Hi,

This question is a followup on this thread (where I asked the question with no answer)

My question is for Jackalicious who recommended in that thread reinstalling Mountain Lion to fix the problem with evernote crashes on startup. The question is -- Are you still recommending that since plenty of people in that thread say that they re-installed ML and still got the crash? Also, if evernote is recommending this, I'd like to suggest that the support group not just tell people "reinstall the OS" (like they did to me), but prepare a script, or at least a few tips on how to do this successfully since results differ widely.

Thanks!

6 replies to this idea

Thanks for the fast reply, Jackolicious!

Unfortunately I am running all the spiffy, lemon-freshened software available -- OS 10.8.2 and Evernote 5.0.4 -- on my Macbook and Evernote STILL crashes on startup every time. So I am still stuck. Do I understand correctly that there are no next steps here (for now)? That is, I should not bother with a re-install of the OS?

I have a ticket open with support, but they have not been terribly helpful through the months (!) I've been dealing with this problem.

I had this prob, but i fixed it with the following

1. Download AppCleaner
  2. Install AppCleaner
  3. Open AppCeaner and look for Evernote
  4. Uninstall Evernote and all the corresponding data
  5. Download latest Evernote
  6. Install Evernote
  7. login

Thanks for your help Sinman! (And Jackolicious, too, of course!)

Unfortunately -- bummer on a pogo stick! -- it still crashes on startup. Same old error --

Crashed Thread: 0 main Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000000fefff000

External Modification Warnings:

Thread creation by external task.

For the record, I rebooted after I removed evernote with AppCleaner.

Archived