REQUEST - WORD COUNT ON MOBILE APPS

Sion Smith

Idea

Forgive me if I have stuffed this in the wrong place. Basically, I'm a writer and a magazine editor and I'm almost using Evernote to the exclusion of all other word processors which I don't need and don't provide half the functionality that is actually useful on a day to day basis. A word count on the info button in the iPhone app and (I asssume the same thing) iPad app would be interstellar.

Seriously - Word and Pages and all the other software or apps that profess to be what I need, aren't. This is lighting my fire and that would be insanely useful.

Feel free to move it if you need... I don't do forums!

Cheers

6 replies to this idea

Until Evernote adds this feature, you might want to take a look at the app "Drafts". It has versions for both iPhone and iPad and it has both a word and character count. It also has a nifty feature where you can transfer to Evernote with two taps.

A word count would make everything perfect! I did Nano this last November and it was a really big pain to try and write in another app to get a word count and then transfer the text back to Evernote to keep everything in once place. I don't care to know where I wrote, I just want to know how much I wrote!

• Level 5*

Word, character, and note size (kb / mb) would be nice to see. Windows will display information in the main UI, but Mac does it behind the information icon, so if we get it, you probably won't be able to see it in the screen. Something is better than nothing! However, I sure would like the option to see more information.

Archived