(Archived) How to search and switch note by typing keyword?

I love evernote, it's very helpful for me!

Since I have multiple notes, I'm hoping a feature that can allow me typing keyword and automatically search note by note title and show me the matched note list, then I can select one note in that list, and directly switch to that note.

Thanks

Chiqing

Hello Chiqing Zhang,

You can search by note title using the "intitle" operator. For example the following search will search for notes with "ghost driver" in the title:

intitle:"ghost driver"

The following search will search for notes that don't have "ghost driver" in the title:

-intitle:"ghost driver"

The following search will search for notes that have "ghost driver" in the title but will leave out notes that have "marketing" in the title:

intitle:"ghost driver" -intitle:marketing

The double quotes are only necessary when you have multiple word search terms. The minus sign tells Evernote to exclude/filter the given search term.

If you want to find notes that must have "ghost driver" AND "apple" in the title you would enter:

intitle:"ghost driver" intitle:apple

However, if you want to find notes that have "ghost driver" OR "apple" in the title you would add the keyword any: to the beginning of the query:

any: intitle:"ghost driver" intitle:apple

Without the any: keyword all search terms that you enter must be satisfied (Match ALL). With the any: keyword at least one search term must be satisfied but that is sufficient for a note to be included in the search results.

-- roschler

Archived