(Archived) Journal For Evernote

• Level 5

I'm impressed with Journal For Evernote (for iPhone and iPad) but I have a couple of questions to start this thread off with. (I'm hoping it can become a useful general discussion on J4E.)

If I add entries for a day on my iPhone and then add some more on my iPad what is supposed to happen? A single note for the day - assuming I sync both clients with the Evernote servers?

Also, what is supposed to happen if I edit the note in Evernote during the day? (I created a single entry "Test" (natch) :-) in J4E and wonder if I can just remove that text.) I could experiment but I'd rather I knew what the design intent was.

(It'd also be wonderful if the developers monitored this thread.)

I use and like Journal for Evernote. However, I only have an iPad so I can not answer your first question.

As to your second, going by memory, I think you can edit an entry in Evernote and the next one entered in J4E should be fine.

• Level 5

Presumably it hunts for the existing entry for the day and just appends new text on the end, storing it back. That would be a reasonably robust thing to do. And I would guess the very act of clicking on the arrow icon does the syncing.

It would be nice if J4E displayed the current state of the day's note - though that's obviously got a big "screen real estate" impact.

• Level 5

Having used it for a few days I now know what it could really use: A webapp. It's a nuisance reaching for an iPhone just to update my journal when cut and paste makes doing it on the laptop better. (I'd still want the iPhone / iPad app, though.)

Archived