(Archived) Hide Forum Topics

• Level 5

Instead of scrolling down through the forum topics on the main forum page, it would be nice to personalize the list and hide the forum groups I never visit.

My personal hide list would include:

• Chinese forum
  • Russian forum
  • Hello
  • Food
  • Peek
  • Penultimate
  • Beta Testing
  • Developer

• Level 5*

And, methinks you doth protest too much. I bet you are still wandering around in the beta threads, even if you are not testing the betas these days. I am sure you are curious about what the new Windows beta will bring, and what the OSX folks are doing. How could you resist the urge to peek?

• Level 5

<snip>I am sure you are curious about what the new Windows beta will bring,<snip>

After reading about the Skitch and Mac upgrades, it would be more accurate to replace "curious" with "fearful".

• Level 5*

<snip>I am sure you are curious about what the new Windows beta will bring,<snip>

After reading about the Skitch and Mac upgrades, it would be more accurate to replace "curious" with "fearful".

LOL. Embrace the change! OK. I haven't exactly embraced them myself, but there is some good stuff coming, and once we get the kinks worked out (we sure had better get this search stuff nailed down soon, because I am pulling my hair out over this) then everything will be better than it was before.

You can hide the big sections, but not specific forums. (which is typical of most other forums I have seen by the way...)

You can specify specific forums in the "View New Content" section, by "Filter by Forum" in the menu on the left.

• Level 5

You can hide the big sections, but not specific forums. (which is typical of most other forums I have seen by the way...)

You can specify specific forums in the "View New Content" section, by "Filter by Forum" in the menu on the left.

My bad.

Thanks, I did the filter in "View New Content" several months ago. But after seeing your comment, I revisited it and found out that Evernote products was no longer selected. That should help immensely.

We'll see if I can't break things out into smaller buckets when we work this 2013 redesign to make the forum index more malleable--I'm also looking into having varied homepages based on your preferences, so those content blocks on the right would change based on who you were. I may not be able to make it an editable option for users, but I could certainly define by group (so developers would get a developer forum feed, etc etc).

It's on the docket.

• 2 months later...

We'll see if I can't break things out into smaller buckets when we work this 2013 redesign to make the forum index more malleable--I'm also looking into having varied homepages based on your preferences, so those content blocks on the right would change based on who you were. I may not be able to make it an editable option for users, but I could certainly define by group (so developers would get a developer forum feed, etc etc).

It's on the docket.

Just throwing in my +1. I'd love to be able to filter out ios and mac topics--they're a large part of what I see when I view new content.

Archived