(Archived) Mark Community Read not working?

The 'New since my last visit' option seems to work in a way I am not able to understand. For me, this used to only show new threads since I last visited and, more importantly, used to jump to the first unread post inside a thread. For about a year now it now shows me every post ever made since the point it stopped working (about 210 pages of threads at last count).

I now use the 'Content I have not yet read', but this option still doesn't help me to jump to the first unread post within a note.

- Which option did you choose?

- What are the settings on the left when you view new content (If you only want to see undread, you need to select "Content I have not read")

Doh! I wouldn't mind, but I used to actually run an IPB forum, lol!

:)

It confuses me sometimes. I switch between different views depending on my current forum usage, so am often left scratching my head wondering where a post went, or why I still see them :P

The 'New since my last visit' option seems to work in a way I am not able to understand. For me, this used to only show new threads since I last visited and, more importantly, used to jump to the first unread post inside a thread. For about a year now it now shows me every post ever made since the point it stopped working (about 210 pages of threads at last count).

I now use the 'Content I have not yet read', but this option still doesn't help me to jump to the first unread post within a note.

Next to each post is a circular button (or if you have posted in a thread, a star) clicking this will take you to the latest unread post.

I think I'm running into this situation. Basically, there's a thread that keeps reverting to unread, even though I've read it, and it's impacting the entire area with it's unwillingness to cooperate.

Something similar happening here? I'll submit a request to the forum gods.

I think I'm running into this situation. Basically, there's a thread that keeps reverting to unread, even though I've read it, and it's impacting the entire area with it's unwillingness to cooperate.

Something similar happening here? I'll submit a request to the forum gods.

I noticed earlier that two threads are not being marked as read, even though I have viewed them.

Strange thing is, that they are listed as being posted at times that are in the future (according to my time zone) and other posts are being put below them in the recent list. Notifications also seem to show similar things.

I am within 5 minutes of the time here matching one of the threads, will see what happens. (though I am not sure how related this is)

You're right on the money Scott, looks like it was a time sync issue on our cluster, which has been corrected. Ya'll see anything else, holler. Looks like the issue's resolved on the threads I'm looking at. If you run across any more like this, give it about an hour (as sometimes changes have to proliferate across the cluster), and if it's STILL causing problems, let me know and I'll reup with our providers.

• 1 month later...

Archived