(Archived) paste a word in running sentences cause unwanted line breaks

The problem I have is when I paste a word in middle of running sentences, evernote automatically insert line breaks before and after the word I paste in.

Original Text

However, try as hard as we might, this initial hubris gradually wore off as we conclusively failed to convert our initial success into a sustainable business.

Text After Pasting a word "hello" after the first word "However"

However,

hello

try as hard as we might, this initial hubris gradually wore off as we conclusively failed to convert our initial success into a sustainable business.

===

if example don't display issue correctly, please see attached file. its a screenshot.

post-60017-0-49927500-1355093632_thumb.j

• Level 5*

Hi. It always helps to confirm which client you're using in case there are hardware or software issues that affect your particular situation. From the sound of this you're editing a note / notes that contains layout information, and the paste breaks the formatting. You may be able to avoid the problem if you copy the original note content into another text-only editor, then drop it back into the note to remove formatting - or just edit it in a third-party editor and paste the amended note back into your database. Given the amazing number of potential sources for the original note text I'd imagine it's more or less impossible to remove all potential problem formatting, so editing content consistently is always going to be problematic.

thanks for response. I'm using Mac client.

This problem is persistant across all the editors. I get same result when I copy/paste wikipedia >> evernote or TextExpander >> evernote. I guess I have to use other editor to edit there, and move to evernote for archiving.

Archived