(Archived) Updates and Synching

asymptote1

Idea

My MBP no longer syncs. I am running the latest update of EN and when I hit the sync button nothing happens. This is a huge inconvenience as I use EN on a work MBP, home MBP, iPhone, and iPad. Any ideas on what can be done. I put in a support ticket yesterday and live chat but EN has been no help. Hugely disappointed in EN.

20 replies to this idea

Yeah, same thing happened to me. 5.0.3 pretty much was a "brick" on 10.6.8, which kind of was a drag, to say the least. I had emailed support and they had rolled me back to 5.0.2 after trying a number of reinstalls of 5.0.3. My re-install of 5.0.2 is currently re-syncing and has gotten significantly farther than any re-install of 5.0.3 did, so my confidence is high... FWIW.

I never tried the temp debug build and I probably won't unless they really delay the 5.0.4 release.

HOWEVER: BLANK ACTIVITY LOG

Anyone experiencing the "Blank" Activity Log issue should know that the log is NOT actually blank, it just doesn't display in the UI. If you SAVE the file from the UI, and open in TextEdit or whatever other text editor you have, you will see the log and can provide that to Evernote. The app just is so broken it won't display it ...

Granted, a day late and a dollar short ... but there you have it...

Downloaded the update and tried to sync. Still isn't working for me. OS 10.6.8 here.

UPDATED TO ADD: New version finally worked for me. When I installed it, all of my EXISTING changes weren't uploading and syncing to my account. But once I went through and made ADDITIONAL changes to those documents -- (even adding an extra space or word) -- the changes were recognized and the files would sync up.

Ditto on all said above. Same issues, since hitting 5.0 and above. 10.6.8.

Downgrading to pre-5, . Judging by my experience last time with chat, I will not be dialing them up anytime soon.

Losing notes is so unacceptable. Asymptot1, you hit it on the nail : Evernote markets the service as my brain extended. Well, it should treat their service like a mission critical app. Nothing more frustrating than looking for a note you know you saved, I've already lost a good few notes in the last weeks, and countless hours through the life of this program as they've gone through many iterations of non-working Web Clipper.

I can't understand why a company with so much investment and millions of users (12million+ according to last screencast) can't get their Q/A pipeline in order.

I'm having a similar issue. My EN quit responding after the update. I followed the instructions here and deleted and reinstalled. EN works fine now. It just won't sync right. I can see new notes on the web version but nothing on my computer. I'm afraid to clip anything new if I might lose it all.

This update, ver 5.0.3, is a brick. It no longer syncs, gets screen and web clips. Nor can you even write a new note. Removing and reinstalling does not help. The only solution, as far as I know, is what I did: delete this version, go into Time Machine, and install a previous version. I installed ver 3.3.0, since that is what I had. I assume any previous versions of 5.0 (before 5.0.3) will also work. Despite being the older version, I have full functionality, and since everything is stored on the server, nothing was lost. I hope that they de-bug it soon...

• Level 5*

Assuming you followed my instructions for completely removing the app and reinstalling using the home brew version (not the appstore one), then I can't help with this version. You might want to download a previous version of the app. Search the forums for "previous version," "downgrade," or something like that to find a link kindly posted by other users.

GM - I did a new install, same problem. EN sucks. My entire worked flow has ground to a halt. If you want to be my Brain on the Web EN, then make sure your product works 24/7 or provide adequate support. Your support takes the weekends and nights off.

• Level 5*

My MBP no longer syncs. I am running the latest update of EN and when I hit the sync button nothing happens. This is a huge inconvenience as I use EN on a work MBP, home MBP, iPhone, and iPad. Any ideas on what can be done. I put in a support ticket yesterday and live chat but EN has been no help. Hugely disappointed in EN.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. That isn't much information to go on, I am afraid. It could be anything from a hardware problem on your end to an Internet connectivity issue. Assuming that your Internet and computer are working fine, and you have already tried to reboot your Mac, the easiest thing to do (in my opinion) is to start over from scratch. It is easy to do and will almost certainly solve any problem. The only downside is if you have a large database. That might take a while to sync.

As for support, they probably have not gotten back to you yet (they usually respond within 24 hours, but it is a weekend, not a business day, so you'll probably have to wait until Monday). I wouldn't call this poor support. Just bad timing. If you put your customer service support ticket number here, it might help staff track the progress of your case.

Archived