Search Index

JC-6286

• 1 year later...

I have a related problem.  Notes that should not appear in a simple search do appear AND notes that should appear do not.  Its a large notebook, but I'm sure the index is broken.

• Level 5

It's not fun, it's not easy, and it's not quick - but you could try Evernote's favorite response.

Un-install and re-install, then download all your notes from the Evernote cloud.

Be sure you have a full backup first, then do some research, especially if you have any notes in a private (non-synchronized) notebook.

I have a related problem. Notes that should not appear in a simple search do appear AND notes that should appear do not. Its a large notebook, but I'm sure the index is broken.

If you search the board on reindex, there are some posts explaining how to invoke the debug menu & initiate a reindex on the EN servers. This is not the same thing as re-downloading your database from the EN servers, that is suggested in jbenson2's post above.

Additionally, it may be helpful of you post a specific case if what you're searching for & what is not being found.

Archived