(Archived) Copy/Paste so frustrating

Polina

Evernote, why oh why is it not possible to "paste as text"? When I copy information from the web into evernote on my desktop, it often is pasted in 48 point bold font. Then I have to either fiddle with the fonts, sizing, etc, or go paste the same into notepad, word, or somewhere else and then re-paste into evernote. So awful, yet so elementary! Please fix.

• Level 5

I agree - copy and paste is not a very efficient way to capture web page information.

Half of my 19,000+ notes are web captures. I find Clearly does a bang-up job of capturing the web information I want. If I need to really fine-tune it, I'll use the clipper for selected text portions, but Clearly does most of the heavy lifting for me.

Evernote, why oh why is it not possible to "paste as text"? When I copy information from the web into evernote on my desktop, it often is pasted in 48 point bold font. Then I have to either fiddle with the fonts, sizing, etc, or go paste the same into notepad, word, or somewhere else and then re-paste into evernote. So awful, yet so elementary! Please fix.

I'm going to toss a hat out here and say that most copy/pastes from websites--especially the busy ones--are going to be chock-full of extra stuff that simply isn't easy to automatically remove and translate over in a meaningful fashion to an Evernote note. And this isn't restricted to Evernote, it's just a facet of dealing with web content (unless you're copy/pasting to plain text editor, then copying, then pasting). Which is where JB's suggestion works perfectly. Clearly it first, then capture it. Keeps the content you want without all the extra messy bits.

I agree that that happens, but it's really not about ads, junk content, and other issues related to copy/paste from the web. It's just a basic formatting issue, and in fact, it's true even when pasting from non-web sources. When I copy into Word or bascially any other product, I have the option to ditch the formatting so it matches the rest. This is sorely lacking. I could go the Clearly route, but that's just another workaround, not a solution.

Archived