possible data loss: help needed to try to recover

I have been building an EN note containing text and photos for some months.

I have just discovered that all but the sentence added this morning is gone. Many photos are still there, but I cannot easily assess whether any have been lost. I cannot find the text in the Trash or in other notes.

1. if my data might only be temporarily lost, are there steps that I can take to prevent their becoming permanently lost?

2. if it might be possible to recover my data, what they are? (I mirrored my HDD using Win 7's resident backup facility a few days ago.)

3. how can I prevent this happening in the future?

I would be grateful either for direct answers to any of the above, or for links to answers.

Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I am afraid that I have never heard of anything like this, so I have no advice to offer beyond contacting customer support (see the link in my signature). I would also not use Evernote on your computer or other devices to make sure nothing gets lost or damaged.

However, you can use your account at www.evernote.com. This will show you what is on the Evernote servers. I am curious -- how do the notes look there?

Thank you GrumpyMonkey. I've shut down EN on my Android phone and my Win 7 machine. The online EN at www.evernote.com also shows the note in the same way that my Win 7 machine did - namely, with the data missing.

I've raised a technical support call.

• Level 5*

Thank you GrumpyMonkey. I've shut down EN on my Android phone and my Win 7 machine. The online EN at www.evernote.com also shows the note in the same way that my Win 7 machine did - namely, with the data missing.

I've raised a technical support call.

I hope it works out for you. If you post your support ticket number here then it might help other staff track things. Keep us updated!

Thank you GrumpyMonkey.

I heard back very quickly from EN, who upgraded my account to Premium for a week. This allowed me to access the note's history, allowing me to recover the last saved version.

Thus, I am grateful to EN for their quick and generous action.

I still do not know what caused the data loss initially. My best guess is that the note was approaching 8MB; I've not thoroughly scoured EN documentation, but wonder if that is a file size limit.

The ticket number is #16051-196747.

I'll let the group know if I hear anything further.

• Level 5*

Thank you GrumpyMonkey.

I heard back very quickly from EN, who upgraded my account to Premium for a week. This allowed me to access the note's history, allowing me to recover the last saved version.

Thus, I am grateful to EN for their quick and generous action.

I still do not know what caused the data loss initially. My best guess is that the note was approaching 8MB; I've not thoroughly scoured EN documentation, but wonder if that is a file size limit.

The ticket number is #16051-196747.

I'll let the group know if I hear anything further.

Thanks for updating us about this. The note limit for Free members was 25MB, and Premium members had 50MB. Premium has moved up to 100MB on some clients, but I don't know if the Free member note limit will be raised. You were well under the limit, so that wasn't the problem. I am glad that everything worked out, though!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

To restore the lost or deleted data from Windows, Mac, SD card, USB drive and HDD, you just need the Data Recovery program. Data Recovery provides safe, fast and total recovery. It is such a powerful and reliable disk recovery software for you to recover files from hard drive on your own. It supports the data recovery from all situations that may be lost by accident.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by jefito, January 25, 2015 - spam
Hidden by jefito, January 25, 2015 - spam

How to recover lost photos on Mac? Actually,all lost data are still on your Mac,you can recover them with a Mac Photo Recovery, recovering photos on Mac is quite an easy task for Data Recovery for Mac, which is a professional Mac photo recovering software. This software can assist you to recovery of lost, deleted, formatted and inaccessible photos, videos and music files from Mac based hard drive and other storage media with ease.

Read more: How to Recover Lost Data from Mac

• 9 months later...

Windows Data Recovery Software is a pertinent tool which recovers all files and folders with couple of minutes. It is based on speedy mechanism and provides full on data accuracy. It is risk and error free tool. Available with free demo edition and animated videos for understanding the process of recovery.

Get more features about Software from:- http://ntfswindows.recoverdatatools.com

Archived