(Archived) Getting data into EnB notebooks - import, email, etc.

EdH

• Level 5*

This will be with Windows clients. Can you set the import folder to pull data (scans in our case) into a particular EnB notebook so it is immediately available (or within the sync window) to others?

What about emails? Can you have an email address for business notebooks so people can email info to a notebook rather than to a user's personal folders which then have to be moved later?

Emailing notes into Business Notebooks will be available within short. We are working on that, the way to do it is the same that you append the notebook name after the subject. You will need read / write permissions otherwise it will be filed in your default personal notebook.

• Level 5*

Emailing notes into Business Notebooks will be available within short. We are working on that, the way to do it is the same that you append the notebook name after the subject. You will need read / write permissions otherwise it will be filed in your default personal notebook.

I can see that being a problem. If each notebook had an email address, then I could add that to my contacts list, or even the corporate GAL. By requiring the user to remember the notebook name EXACTLY and the syntax (is it # or @, and is it before the name, or after, and if there is a space, do I surround it in quotes, and if so, does the # or @ go inside or outside the quotes?), stuff is just going to get piled up in the default user notebook (and I am not a fan of having my email address out there) or a default business notebook.

I consider myself an advanced user and I don't bother emailing stuff to notebooks or tags. I cannot remember the syntax or exact name, so into @inbox they go for sorting later. With 15-20 people (or more) adding notes to a central default folder, I can see that getting messy quickly.

I agree with EdH about having email addresses for business notebooks. In one use-case, I'd like to be able to give employees a single email address where they can send all quality improvement suggestions/photos to a particular QA notebook without them necessarily having access to that notebook. This would seem to only be feasible with a notebook having a custom email address.

BTW, you can import from a mapped network drive (currently into the personal folders only). Even though Evernote will only let you browse to a folder on your hard drive, if you select a dummy folder initially, then you can click on it after it is entered and manually change it to a mapped drive/folder. I've been doing this for ages (in the Windows version).

Also, now that we are talking about business accounts, can the Import Folder setting be mapped to a network drive?

Archived