(Archived) 5.0.2 Applescript bug

jga23

Idea

I just updated to 5.0.2 and now my applescripts stopped working. Here's an example of how to reproduce the error:

tell application "Evernote"
set sel to selection
repeat with _note in sel
set _tags to tags of _note
end repeat
end tell

I get this error: error "Evernote got an error: AppleEvent handler failed." number -10000

21 replies to this idea

Same / similar problem here - I wrote a simple apple script to insert a file as a note in a specified folder and it always returns an error message:

create note title "Note 4" from file "/Users/Raj/Documents/ipscreenshot1.jpg"

--> missing value

end tell

tell current application

beep 1

end tell

Here is the script:

-- create notes, four ways

-- 1: with plain text

try

set notebook1 to "Auto Import"

--create note title "Note 2" with text "Here is my new text note" notebook notebook1

-- 4: with the data from a file

set newnote to create note title "Note 4" from file "/Users/Raj/Documents/ipscreenshot1.jpg" --notebook notebook1

on error error_message number error_number

if the error_number is not equal to 0 then --equal to 4 then

-- The file being imported is not supported

set userCanceled to false

try

display dialog "Your Evernote account does not support the import of this type of file. Why not consider upgrading?" buttons {"Cancel", "Go Premium"} default button "Cancel" cancel button "Cancel" with icon caution

on error number -128

set userCanceled to true

end try

else

-- Unspecified failure

display alert "Import into Evernote failed" message "Error(" & error_number & "): " & error_message as warning

end if

end try

end tell

Please help and thanks in advance.

Hello all,

Back off after a Christmas break and see that most users are fixed. When I use the script I still get

Failed to export

Item" due to the following error:

Can’t set «class EVdd» of missing value to date "Monday, 10 December 2012 16:24:20".

(Notice UK time format).

Does anyone else have this issue still? I'm now upgraded to 5.04 I should add.

Thanks

I just upgraded to 5.0.4 yesterday and I'm getting this same error.....

Here is the complete error:

Failed to export

Can’t set «class EVdd» of missing value to date "Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:28:13 AM".

FYI - I had to revert to 5.0.1 to make this error message go away (and have email imported into Evernote via the script)

Hello all,

Back off after a Christmas break and see that most users are fixed. When I use the script I still get

Failed to export

Can’t set «class EVdd» of missing value to date "Monday, 10 December 2012 16:24:20".

(Notice UK time format).

Thanks

Here is the complete error:

Failed to export

Can’t set «class EVdd» of missing value to date "Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:28:13 AM".

Hello all,

Failed to export

(Notice UK time format).

Thanks

Hello all,

Failed to export

(Notice UK time format).

Thanks

I think it applies to tags in general. Here are my statements that aren't working:

if (not (tag named "To Process" exists)) then
make tag with properties {name:"To Process"}
end if

Tag exists, but comes up false and the make statement errors out with the same error as above. Same result if I re-create or delete the tag in Evernote first.

The AppleScript library for Evernote says these statements are still valid though.

This bug still exists in 5.0.4.

I think it applies to tags in general. Here are my statements that aren't working:

if (not (tag named "To Process" exists)) then
make tag with properties {name:"To Process"}
end if

Tag exists, but comes up false and the make statement errors out with the same error as above. Same result if I re-create or delete the tag in Evernote first.

The AppleScript library for Evernote says these statements are still valid though.

On a side note, have you renamed a tag since upgrading to 5.0? For me, it's takes about 10 minutes to finish "Processing..." on a set of 300 notes and the CPU is at 140% (mdworker and EvernotePDFHelper). Seems to be a performance issue as I've renamed this tag in previous versions and I don't remember this behaviour.

Here's the log:

12/4/12 10:11:16.965 AM Evernote[35533]: An exception was thrown during execution of an NSScriptCommand...
12/4/12 10:11:16.965 AM Evernote[35533]: Error while returning the result of a script command: the result object...
(
"<ENTagMO: 0x33cd7a0> (entity: ENTag; id: 0x33c2330 <x-coredata://7B46DEE0-AFA6-4AEB-BAF4-7E188FC69496/ENTag/p17> ; data: {\n active = 1;\n attributes = (\n \"0xaef76a0 <x-coredata://7B46DEE0-AFA6-4AEB-BAF4-7E188FC69496/ENAttribute/p33748>\"\n );\n children = (\n );\n dirty = 0;\n expungeOnSync = 0;\n guid = \"b06e863b-daad-40d9-9c20-d30903dce02e\";\n name = glg;\n noteCount = 112;\n notebook = nil;\n notes = \"<relationship fault: 0xae054c0 'notes'>\";\n parent = \"0xaee3120 <x-coredata://7B46DEE0-AFA6-4AEB-BAF4-7E188FC69496/ENTag/p7>\";\n updateSequenceNumber = 8169;\n})",
"<ENTagMO: 0xaefaf30> (entity: ENTag; id: 0xaec61b0 <x-coredata://7B46DEE0-AFA6-4AEB-BAF4-7E188FC69496/ENTag/p40> ; data: {\n active = 1;\n attributes = (\n \"0xae11480 <x-coredata://7B46DEE0-AFA6-4AEB-BAF4-7E188FC69496/ENAttribute/p33757>\"\n );\n children = (\n );\n dirty = 0;\n expungeOnSync = 0;\n guid = \"cfa2c74b-ba80-4bd6-8831-930836cf8478\";\n name = \"_today\";\n noteCount = 50;\n notebook = nil;\n notes = \"<relationship fault: 0xae11640 'notes'>\";\n parent = nil;\n updateSequenceNumber = 17994;\n})"
)
...could not be converted to an Apple event descriptor of type 'list of tag'. Element 0 could not be converted to an Apple event descriptor of type 'tag'. This instance of the class 'ENTagMO' returned nil when sent -objectSpecifier (is it not overridden?) and there is no coercible type declared for the scripting class 'tag'.

Archived