(Archived) How to remove EVERY trace of App Store install of Evernote for Mac?

Brok3nOne

Idea

I have Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro (retina). I initially installed the app from the app store and then started getting errors when opening Evernote. It's a generic "Evernote has unexpectedly quit last time it was run. Would you like to send a crash report to Evernote?" I've done that and even opened a support ticket and they're trying to help me walk through things, but this is driving me nuts and I hate that I can't use it on my Mac like I used to. I'm getting by using the Web version, iPad/iPhone versions, but still needing my Mac one for meetings, etc. I've uninstalled it completely and installed the version from Evernote.com many times, from the AppStore many times. I've used AppZapper to remove "every trace" of the app, but something is getting left behind. When I try to install from the website installer it says that a previous install from the App Store has been detected and that it will setup a new copy of my files. How do I COMPLETELY remove every freaking piece of this software, so that the OS cannot tell there was a copy installed previously from the App Store? I'm a newly converted Mac user, so I know how to get rid of it on a PC and am just grasping at straws on how to get back to using our beloved Evernote app. Anyone have any help?

PS. Sorry for rambling.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

I have Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro (retina). I initially installed the app from the app store and then started getting errors when opening Evernote. It's a generic "Evernote has unexpectedly quit last time it was run. Would you like to send a crash report to Evernote?" I've done that and even opened a support ticket and they're trying to help me walk through things, but this is driving me nuts and I hate that I can't use it on my Mac like I used to. I'm getting by using the Web version, iPad/iPhone versions, but still needing my Mac one for meetings, etc. I've uninstalled it completely and installed the version from Evernote.com many times, from the AppStore many times. I've used AppZapper to remove "every trace" of the app, but something is getting left behind. When I try to install from the website installer it says that a previous install from the App Store has been detected and that it will setup a new copy of my files. How do I COMPLETELY remove every freaking piece of this software, so that the OS cannot tell there was a copy installed previously from the App Store? I'm a newly converted Mac user, so I know how to get rid of it on a PC and am just grasping at straws on how to get back to using our beloved Evernote app. Anyone have any help?

PS. Sorry for rambling.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Sorry for all the mess. Hopefully, my advice here will get you back on track. Ignore my advice there about Appzapper, because you already tried that, but the rest of it ought to help. Good luck, and keep us updated!

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/16062-uninstalling-everrnote-for-mac-os-x/#entry173494

Archived