(Archived) Tahoma!

woke up this morning and all my evernote notes formatted with Arial 16 are now Tahoma 10.

what happened?!

I know what happened. I reinstalled windows yesterday and redownloaded evernote for windows.

Despite my notes being evernote servers - as well as my external hard drive - the new evernote install was on the default setting of Tahoma 10 and 'infected my notes.

I think that's called a bug.

• Level 5*

Welcome to the wonderful world of computing - they say artificial intelligence doesn't exist yet, but I'm pretty sure my system hates me too. The fix would appear to be - reinstall Evernote (again) with the correct defaults. There's apparently a setting that reformats notes according to the defaults selected - which is exactly what you'd want to happen if you set a new default for your system and wanted to reformat other notes that were previously created. If Evernote fix the bug, you won't be able to change the default for any note in future.

Don't think that's a bug - that's a 'feature'..

• Level 5*

I'm guessing that guycruls doesn't need to reinstall Evernote; he just needs to set the Note editor font to Arial 16 in Settings / Options / Note. I think that reinstalling Windows wiped out any Evernote customizations in the registry, which is where that setting lives. The setting affects text that is not explicitly given a font, such as unformatted text. As far as I can tell, this is not a bug, nor a feature; Evernote can't be expected to remember your settings if you wipe them out of the registry.

thank you gazumped and jefito.

agreed with jefito that settings were wiped out.

I persist in my belief that evernote should back up my evernote for windows settings alongside my files.

Having said that, evernote continues to help me in an amazing way taking lecture notes, to-do lists and the rest.

And it works quite beautifully with Clearly and web clipper. awesome.

in a couple of years, every other mobile with have evernote - the world simply hasn't woken up to its awesomeness!

• 10 months later...

Please help, I have the same "problem"

Where can I find settings in evernote to be able to go into "note" as you said?

My Tahoma 10 is identical to my friends Arial 13.

So for me to have the same font as her I have to use Tahoma 10 even though it looks like Arial 13.

Anyways, where do I change the default font?

thanks!

• Level 5*

Anyways, where do I change the default font?

I'm guessing that guycruls doesn't need to reinstall Evernote; he just needs to set the Note editor font to Arial 16 in Settings / Options / Note.

Archived